new xt coming?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Gerrit Van Wijk, Apr 11, 2003.

  1. Somebody told me shimano is upgrading xt winter this year. Can anybody confirm this? If so is it
    just a superficial change or are the new xtr features (shifting, crank) already adapted to xt level?

    Tags:

  2. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "John Stevenson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > gerrit van wijk wrote:
    >
    > > Somebody told me shimano is upgrading xt winter this year.
    >
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/?id=2003/news/mar13
    >

    > --
    > John Stevenson Cyclingnews.com

    "Shifting looks set to feature the dual control system of XTR, and Rapid-Rise derailleurs
    are a given"

    Dammit Dammit Dammit Dammit Dammit.

    Better go buy a couple shift pods now...

    Chris

  3. >>>Somebody told me shimano is upgrading xt winter this year.

    >>http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/?id=2003/news/mar13
    >
    > "Shifting looks set to feature the dual control system of XTR, and Rapid-Rise derailleurs are
    > a given"
    >
    > Dammit Dammit Dammit Dammit Dammit.
    >
    > Better go buy a couple shift pods now...

    If they're really "trickling down" the XTR setup, you'll be able to buy the old style shift pods
    cheap, 'cause the system used for the new XTR is very much nicer than anything that has come before.

    | If you don't want your message to get to me, |
    | insert **NO-SPAM** into my email address. |
    +------------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts Phone