New Year's Cycling Resolutions

Chance3290

Oct 1, 2004
OK, let's get these eternal 'tomorrows' going.

In 2006 I resolve to lose 15 pounds, ride 500 miles more than 2005, and improve my climbing (I plan on buying a compact crankset.).

If I look back at the 2005 resolutions, I think it might look similar.

Chance3290 said:
OK, let's get these eternal 'tomorrows' going.

In 2006 I resolve to lose 15 pounds, ride 500 miles more than 2005, and improve my climbing (I plan on buying a compact crankset.).

If I look back at the 2005 resolutions, I think it might look similar.

Mine is to loose about another 20 pounds. Lost 15 over the summer gained 5 back over christmas now at 180 lbs, and to add 1000 km to my 2005 total (1137 km = 702 miles). Nearly double what I did this year but I only started in mid July. So all in all about the same as what you are planning.

1000 km /1.62 = 617 miles
want to get to at least 2000 km or about 1234 miles

1. Clean my chain and cluster more often so it don't appear to be covered in Vegemite (an Australian food, spread on bread, which has the consistency of the gunk on my chain)

2. Increase my weekly average to 300kms like I used to (so it will be far better than my current "weakly" average)

3. Hook up with an attractive, fun, vibrant lady in her 30's who loves cycling who will bring out the best in me physically, who can inspire me to greatness

(just getting number 3 will actually take care of the first two)

Don't think I can loose 15 lbs ..at least without being too far gone but I will try to gain some stamina and outdo a couple of other competitors, live through the entire year and do some training on NEW YEARS DAY.
That ought to hurt! No promises cause I am going to a party and I have it on good authorithy that there is goona be drinkin.
We will see.
Happy New years.... cin cin, cheers etc.

My New Years resolution is a new policy to live by. I'm also a car enthusiast and only use good quality fuel for my car to get it's best performance. On my bike, I am the engine and it's time I started feeding this engine premium fuel.

To quote John Bingham,"food is fuel for the body, not comfort for the soul"

The resulting goals this year I plan on will be to lose 50lbs (if I lose half that I'll be happy)
To double the "training distance" that I ride and include weekly "long rides"

To participate in my first Tour Weekend (and get my wife riding if at all possible)

jhuskey said:
Don't think I can loose 15 lbs.... Happy New years.... cin cin, cheers etc.
I've got 15lbs you can have, and when you loss that I'll give you some more and when you loss that.....

My resolution is this, log more time on my bike than I do logged onto the net.

I want to 1) lose 24 lbs

2) ride 2006 miles in 2006 (ought to be interesting since I'm an MTBr)

3) enter a MTB race

drink less
cycle more

( the plan is spending saturday morning doing a club ride rather than staying in bed hung over from friday night )

I think I said that last year though, but hadn't joined a club.

Cycle less than I did in 2005 (12,001 miles in 2005) : but I haven't made up my mind as to what target I will set.
I intend to take part in the Pedro Delgado Grandfondo in Sergovia Spain in August and some other events.

This will be my first season of cycling, so my only real resolution is to come out as fast and strong as possible this spring and try to win a few races.

1. Well i just got put on the friendship ladder because im thinner than the girly i was after................. so deff dont need to lose weight. im wiery, not skinny!!!
  2. do 300/500ks aweek and get well race fit, doing 250ish at the moment.
  3. start racing crits, win some crits, yes im super competitive.
  4. get a 6pack again, have the top 4 going rather well at the moment just need to lay off the brews