New Year's Resolutions anyone?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by flyingdutch, Dec 30, 2004.

  1. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Not that Im into em, but for a bit'o fun

    Mine is...
    Get a win in Dgrade. even better if its at the nasty Kew crits

    and maybe...

    Learn more bike maintenance stuff and :eek: :eek: :eek: wash bike more often (yeah, right!)

    Tags:

  2. Marx SS

    Marx SS New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2004
    me?
    Do at least 1x endurance MTB event - 12hr, 24h....
    Clean up my diet & training so I can't use that as my excuse for not doing a personal best.

    and get the most outa all the fun stuff inbetween....

  3. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    "Marx SS" wrote in message ...

    > me?
    > Do at least 1x endurance MTB event - 12hr, 24h....

    Everyone should do one of these, mucho funo. Can this be a new years resolution though? It's kinda like deciding to take up
    drinking, smoking or drugs "I'm just going to do one - I can stop anytime... ....this will be the last one, I promise"

    > Clean up my diet & training so I can't use that as my excuse for not
    > doing a personal best.
    >
    > and get the most outa all the fun stuff inbetween....
    >

    > --
    > Marx SS

    Parbs

    PS entries for Sydney 24hour open tomorow http://www.sydney24hour.com/

  4. aeek

    aeek New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2004
    mud reduces drag - rough surface like sharkskin, plus logically any draggy mud will depart on the wind.
    [END rationalisation]

    I resolve to do my first road race (not a crit!) on Sunday.

  5. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Traralgon?

  6. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009
    more power, more speed, more endurance, less body fat :p

    O! and save enuff for a new duallie mtb to do mont (or kona, or both!!) solo..... hmm means I am gunna have to stop buying cds.. sigh..

  7. HUMBUG

    HUMBUG Guest

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:30:48 +1100, flyingdutch <[email protected]> Wrote :

    > Not that Im into em, but for a bit'o fun

    Same as last year. I'm DEFINATELY going to do more and better maintenance
    and replace the chain _before_ it chews up sprockets.

    --

    Humbug

  8. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    "flyingdutch" wrote in message ...

    > Not that Im into em, but for a bit'o fun
    >
    > Mine is...
    > Get a win in Dgrade. even better if its at the nasty Kew crits
    >
    > and maybe...
    >
    > Learn more bike maintenance stuff and :eek: :eek: :eek: wash bike
    > more often (yeah, right!)
    >

    > --
    > flyingdutch

    I resolve to ride more. Starting tonight by riding to NYE party.

    Parbs

  9. aeek

    aeek New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2004
    nup, Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve/ Paddy’s River Rd Graded Scratch

    http://actvets.cc/html/main.html then Events

    First I have to survive tonight, on sparkling grape juice(I shock myself),
    after getting up at 5am for my M&F bunch; just finished my 3rd week :)

  10. kingsley

    kingsley Guest

  11. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    people still buy CDs ??? :eek:

    be off to Limewire.com / acqulite /etc

  12. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Currently sobering up. Had a odd bike ride last evening, people kept asking me questions to the effect they thought I was in charge of something. What?
    oh shesshhhhh, I know nothing. :eek: :eek: :eek: Not me, nothing to see, move along....

  13. mfhor

    mfhor New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2004
    My GF rode back from the beach, hit the CBD and was in tears of frustration on the phone trying to deal with all the eeediots in the city at 10pm. I thought she'd been stabbed, molested, crashed - but it was just the stupid milling crowds of idiots, smartarses and rubberneckers. I stayed in and watched my new "Black Books" DVDs after a hard day at work. Plenty of larfs, and it's a *real* party in 2 days time for my sister's birthday.

    M "it's amazing that fireworks don't sound as pretty as they look" H

  14. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009
    hehehe call me a luddite.. I still like to *feel* and *read* sleeve notes.. besides the covers look pretty along the wall :p (and I still have a whole bunch of vinyl from decades ago .... gees feeling old now ha!)

    tho sometime this yr an mp3 player will be on its way to me... I can feel it!!

  15. Etxy

    Etxy New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2003
    mfhor - Black Books, eh? You are a man of exceptional taste! :D

    warrwych - I'm in the same boat as you, don't worry! ;) Having spent somewhat over $1500 on CD's in the space of a few months this year (keeping in mind that I'm still at school, working a part time job), I feel your pain at not being able to afford bike stuff. But hey, CD's are great, yeah? :)

    My resolutions are to ride more, definitely. I'm taking my roady over to Adelaide later this month and I'll be riding the route of the TDU, which will be exciting! :D The sun shines brighter in South Australia, the grass is browner... love it there. :) One of the few places I can find the motivation to ride every day.

  16. Resound

    Resound New Member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2004
    I've always thought that the sound of fireworks was the best bit. The cute glittery stuff is just to justify the pyromaniac in all of us enjoying explosions. It sounds sort of dumb, but I'd really like to see a fireworks display in daylight, just so I could see all the funky smoke trails that you only get to glimpse at night. Maybe that's just me...

  17. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Luddite! :D

    vinyl. vinyl... black yeah? hmmm. must make you go faster :rolleyes:

  18. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    We watched the display up on the golf course at Yarra Bend, could easily see the smoke residue drifting between the buildings. Was referring to the Ride that Dare Not Speak It's Name in my earlier comments on this thread. After Swan Street it turned into a dogs breakfast that when t*ts up, at least the bit along Burnley Wharf was a peaceful & relaxing jaunt. (sigh)

    NY ressies? Finish the long-running road bike saga, major work on the Dean SS (wheelset, eno & powercoat), re-build the commuter on Felt MTB frame, rebuild 3 townies, one needs a powercoat, one is existing commuter frame in use thats being spec'ed down to a supermarket/pub bike, the other is a pre-1920's machine to be restored. Not forgetting a couple of cycling-related websites that need to be done in 2005, will avoid Flash after reading recent comments on another thread......Oh, yes must do more riding once I've had some repairs done too. :(

    Anyway, Alpine Classic in a few weeks, I'm not up any of the rides due to a lack of training and/or bike but am entertaining the idea of a genteel 50km r/t jaunt up to Hariettville on either Sat/Sun. Either that or hand out refreshments as a volunteer on the day, still thinking about it.

  19. Gags

    Gags Guest

    "warrwych" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > tho sometime this yr an mp3 player will be on its way to me... I can
    > feel it!!

    Do what I did.....go out and buy 40 boxes of Weet-Bix and they will send you
    a Phillips 128Mb MP3 player for $10 postage. My theory is that I will eat
    them anyway given that I eat 8 for breakfast daily (as well as 4 bits of
    toast) and I quite often go another 4 or 5 as a 10pm or so snack. The big
    stack of WeetBix boxes in the cupboard has also seen me try a couple of
    recipes for energy bars that use WeetBix as the principle
    ingredient......some of them even taste OK.

    Ride On,

    Gags

  20. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009
    roflmao

    hmm is it possible to acquire a taste for carb-board er weetbix after a time?????? Sorry gags.. but the thought of that many months of eating weetbix makes me.. well.. gag! hehehehe perhaps if I save all that money I would spent on the weetbix......????? lmao (still)