New Years Resolutions.

RedRider2009

Nov 24, 2007
What are your goals for this year? Mostly Bike related please...unless you want to share more. Mine is to ride 1500 miles this year

I'd like to do two centuries, maybe a double metric, and hit the 3,000 mile mark for the year.

fleutz said:
I swear to wear my spandex in public even if I'm not riding.
If you do, your signature will be right on the money!

I resolved to stop making New Years Resolutions many years ago and it is the only one that I have ever kept!:D

I wanna get my USA Cycling license, join a team, do their group rides, keep training, do at least 2 TTs and a couple mass start races and see if I wanna continue racing to hit Cat. 4.

At least, that's my cycling resolution. :p

EDIT: I have a Criterium that runs in my town some time in May - don't know if I'd want to work again with the DJ or ride with a team (if I had one to ride with at that point). Hmmmm.

kdelong said:
I resolved to stop making New Years Resolutions many years ago and it is the only one that I have ever kept!:D
I made a similar one for 1984 - not to break any that I made in the future. I haven't made any since then so that one's still intact - none made, so none to be broken....

When I first started road biking my goal was to go from 205 lbs to 165 lbs. In 2 years I went as low as 139 lbs. The goals the next 2 years was just to keep my weight around 145 lbs or lower.

Right now I'm 150.4 lbs, so my goal this year is just to lose around 6 lbs! But now I work full time and don't have to much time to bike so 6 lbs can take a month!

JTE83 said:
When I first started road biking my goal was to go from 205 lbs to 165 lbs. In 2 years I went as low as 139 lbs. The goals the next 2 years was just to keep my weight around 145 lbs or lower.

Right now I'm 150.4 lbs, so my goal this year is just to lose around 6 lbs! But now I work full time and don't have to much time to bike so 6 lbs can take a month!
You went from 205 to 139? :eek::eek::eek: That is pretty impressive.