New2site. Q's on indoor bike training and more

fishycomics

Oct 30, 2006
TIA (thanx in advance)
I just found this site and thought I start off new.
Sounds old news to most , but
Hello, I am im researching , and like to start some Indoor training, I already own a bike
A Bianchi, and a trainer by topgear magturbo3, my bike is 20 plus years old, the trainer around 10 yrs.
I am an Ocassional rider , one day I will just peddel to the store, and the next I be fishing, When on an assignment I can manage 20-50 miles in a day, casual riding, no pressure or need to break records

I am ripped my knee , the Miniskis and will be doing my best to get back into shape. It sure places a damper when one injures themselves

My Questions and concerns are, and may be thesame old questions here

1. economy wise , but can afford to spend the $$$ when it is in my interest
what would be the better trainer ?
I researched and notice the tacx I magic trainer cost a lot of dough?
I researched and noticed cateye has one for a lot less?

I would love to know if the virtual trianer, and if there is links to some that cost far less than the going price?

I would also like to know if it is better to just Purchase or ifsome one can shead some info on free downloads of video worth saving? or should purchase be my option

basically I am asking
1 should I upgrade my trainer?
2 be a waste of money for a virtual trainer?
3 a dvd video, be a better choice?
4 online video footage of a bike ride can be found online?

thanx in advance as i will be having a ton of free time for my research till I can recoupe, optomistic outlook:)

Buy a normal turbo trainer - Taxc swing or something and a heart rate monitor.

I think considering your recreational ambition training with power is not worth the time or money and will just over complicate things.

I imagine some of the "Disciples of Power" will tell you otherwise....

you could of course get a trainer with a power reading - like the Taxc flow - doesn't cost so much - the data is not accurate, but it's personalised for you so you can work out your different training levels and monitor improvements.

to help pass the time and stay motivated whilst training indoors I favour loud heavy metal music. watching Tv doesn't work for me because my usual state of mind while watching TV is one of exerting as little energy as possible. That's hard to shake off for a training session.

thank you for the reply.
HR monitor, and all the bells and whistles may be a waste for me.

I will invest in some dvd footage . andkeep what I have till I find what may be best.
no need for me to get pro I am just an amature, and can go the extra mile in a relaxed mode.

as long as iam moving it is a workout for me:)

fishycomics said:
TIA (thanx in advance)
I just found this site and thought I start off new.
Sounds old news to most , but
Hello, I am im researching , and like to start some Indoor training, I already own a bike
A Bianchi, and a trainer by topgear magturbo3, my bike is 20 plus years old, the trainer around 10 yrs.
I am an Ocassional rider , one day I will just peddel to the store, and the next I be fishing, When on an assignment I can manage 20-50 miles in a day, casual riding, no pressure or need to break records

I am ripped my knee , the Miniskis and will be doing my best to get back into shape. It sure places a damper when one injures themselves

My Questions and concerns are, and may be thesame old questions here

1. economy wise , but can afford to spend the $$$ when it is in my interest
what would be the better trainer ?
I researched and notice the tacx I magic trainer cost a lot of dough?
I researched and noticed cateye has one for a lot less?

I would love to know if the virtual trianer, and if there is links to some that cost far less than the going price?

I would also like to know if it is better to just Purchase or ifsome one can shead some info on free downloads of video worth saving? or should purchase be my option

basically I am asking
1 should I upgrade my trainer?
2 be a waste of money for a virtual trainer?
3 a dvd video, be a better choice?
4 online video footage of a bike ride can be found online?

thanx in advance as i will be having a ton of free time for my research till I can recoupe, optomistic outlook:)
May I ask you a question? Why writing everything in bold?

SolerEnergy it is the same as why are you quoting

Being polite as can be Font size may be to big if used this way, while bold for some may be easier to see I do appologise and if I can correct to cater to your needs I shall.

Wiredude..........

I'll concider that one, anddecide in the Future.

I do not need to have a ton of pressure to get a wrk out . What I tend to do is lighten ir decrease the roller on the trainer to ease the pressure, and get the same work out.

There is nothing like outdoor riding that may duplicate indoor.
thank you......

Changing gears controls pressure on the pedals... I just got the KK and noticed it was much easier to get to LT and maintain it than with my magnetic trainer. I think I wasted alot of trainig time on the magnetic because the pedal stroke was irritating and not road like. Resistance was high at the top but as pedal speed increased going down resistance dropped. Never noticed it until I had them side by side and alternated between them for 3x20s.

wire............

thanks again, I guess , I need to update the trainer, I'll research a lil more and decide?

What features (if any) are you looking for, that your current trainer doesn't have? Why are you looking to upgrade?

frenchyge
thank you for the reply.
1 Bike is perfect order, i feal I may not be comfty in the saddle leaning or handel bar is old and hoping a new bike may have a better feel?

2 trainer may be old and not the best on the market? and update mey beneeded
reading and searching
I may have a perfect system.

cannot recoupe overnight,Doc will give me insructions if I can ride for how long?
I am hoping I can stationary ride over the winter days and would like a smooth tranistion not a lopsided feel or warped feel.

but if what I have isstrong metal I'll keep to it, better than junk