Hey all, first post.
Thinkin about convertin to Clipless Pedals, and just wanted some info.
I'm in the Uk, so i've been lookin for a suitable site to have a look at buyin pedals from, cus my LBS dont stock that big a range. I stumbled upon Wiggle. Lookin at the range of clipless pedals, i was amazed and completely lost.
I've been doin a bit of readin on the forums, and it's helped me a little, but i still would like a bit more info.
Right, first things first, i use my mtb for mainly commutin, and a paper-round, although i'd prob not use the clips on that. I also do a bit of off-roading.
Therefore, i need somet thats easy to use, can be used without cleats - sort of rules out the Speedplays, Time ATACS & Egg Beaters, cus i need somet with a large enough platform to use without cleats, is ok for goin off-road on, and, oh yeh, the crucial factor, isn't too expensive, cus i'm on a limited income.
Because of these factors, i think i'll prob end up gettin a set of Shimano SPD's, prob the 545's, 424's or poss 520's.
Any alternatives.
I also need a pair of shoes, but i can sort that after i got a set of pedals.
Ideally, i want to spend about £80 all-in.
Many thanks for all replies
Gav.