Newbe has some questions...

manns50

Aug 10, 2004
I'm a newbe to this forum.I am usually on the Mustang forums,as that is my other hobby.Can anyone tell me when the Moonlight Ramble in St.Louis was? I rode in it last year and thought it was in September,but now think I might have missed it.Also where is a good place to look to find some of the touring rides around IL. I've only been riding for a couple years so I'm unaware of these things.Any help is appreciated.

manns50 said:
I'm a newbe to this forum.I am usually on the Mustang forums,as that is my other hobby.Can anyone tell me when the Moonlight Ramble in St.Louis was? I rode in it last year and thought it was in September,but now think I might have missed it.Also where is a good place to look to find some of the touring rides around IL. I've only been riding for a couple years so I'm unaware of these things.Any help is appreciated.
i just looked on google and found this about the moonlight ramble
http://www.nopaper.net/space/biking/calendar/2004-08-29
its at the end of august..
and as for rides in IL i would check with your local bike store or be a little more specific and look in the region section of the forums

Can't answer those questions...but I have five Ford Falcons...took a lot of Mustangs to build them (sorry:( )hee heee- welcome aboard

Yeah--the Moonlight Ramble is Aug 28. I think the cut off date for on-line registering is the 15th.

Check out the bike paths in Madison County, IL. They're great. Paved, well maintained--excellent all around. Go to trailnet.org and you can find lots of links and descriptions for rides and trails in the St. Louis area. The book, Cycling St. Louis (published by Pebble Publishing--same folks who put out the Katy Trail book) is also good for lots of different ideas--but is about 2 years behind updates.

Hope this helps-

Also try www.stlbiking.com. There's links to group rides, trails--lots of stuff. The touring cyclist's website (and stores in the area) also lists group rides. :)

I really appreciate all the info,and I'm glad I stumbled onto this site.It now looks like I have a forum site for each of my passions!

Thanks,Brad