Newbie and flying almost solo

Ms_Merida

Dec 26, 2007
Salam!

I've just started cycling.. loving it!
And want to be more involved, not just my once a week ride with a small riding group or my folks [Dad's a keen racer]

Any tips? :confused:
I'm not sure about joining a group, because I'm shy and really don't have the fitness yet to be doing the 40km + or 70km+ rides at the moment - Unless it's mostly flat :p

This is something I'm really set on doing, even more so now that I've had a bike bought for me [Merida Scultura.. awesome to ride]:rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope to hear from you.
Cheers

Dee

I have been riding for a few years and always loved riding solo or with my mates.

Started racing last year and the improvement has been amazing. Most clubs have group rides of different speeds and distance. Try riding with these groups. Most welcome riders who are not in the club. There are usually places where you can turn short.

Just try to hold on as long as possible.

It is a great social sport as you can talk the whole way round in a group.

Cheers,

Napalm73 said:
Started racing last year and the improvement has been amazing. Most clubs have group rides of different speeds and distance. Try riding with these groups. Most welcome riders who are not in the club. There are usually places where you can turn short.

Just try to hold on as long as possible.
I've just had to move back to my parents for a few weeks [spewing], the roads there a dirt for amatuers.. TOO hilly. I have looked at a few clubs around brisbane [as i work near the airport] but their rides [morning] don't suite my work time etc and the afternoons ones at clubs in ipswich [closer to my folks place], i can't get to in time.. also due to work location. Ideally it'd be good to find a group near work for an afternoon/evening ride. I've thought about sussing our head office down the road to organise a corporate team [i work for a multi national pizza company]

Anyone ride around brisbane of an arvo?