Newbie Audaxer advice

jwh

Oct 27, 2004
Hi there, I'm new to Audax riding and have just got my first Audax machine. I have been used to riding MTB and so the change in gearset is taking a bit of getting used to. The audax bike I have purchased has a 53/42/30 front ring and 12-23 back ring.

Is it worth me sticking with a tough gearset and working on my legs a bit, or should I change sprockets for an easier set on front/back? The shop I bought it from said they could change the rear sprocket for free for me - but I'm wondering whether if this is a standard gearset for Audax - I'd be better to stick with it?

Look forward to any advice you can give - thanks all :)

jwh said:
Hi there, I'm new to Audax riding and have just got my first Audax machine. I have been used to riding MTB and so the change in gearset is taking a bit of getting used to. The audax bike I have purchased has a 53/42/30 front ring and 12-23 back ring.

Is it worth me sticking with a tough gearset and working on my legs a bit, or should I change sprockets for an easier set on front/back? The shop I bought it from said they could change the rear sprocket for free for me - but I'm wondering whether if this is a standard gearset for Audax - I'd be better to stick with it?

Look forward to any advice you can give - thanks all :)
52/42/30 is the standard road triple up front. you might want to go with a 12-25 or 12-26 cassette on the back to make climbing easier. good luck...:cool: