Newbie confidence advice wanted

Jamiezx9r

Jun 10, 2010
I have done the MTB stuff for a few years now, and still do on the odd occasion..
I picked up a decent cheap road bike $800 last month to get me started. Loving it. Still getting used to wearing the full lycra on the road bike though. Comfy as hell, but getting some strange looks.Wasn't a problem in full lycra on the MTB, as you were off road, and most other guys were doing the same attire... I found the baggies were too heavy..Carry a pair of hiking zip off shorts / trousers should I have to go into pub or shop during a run still. Not got the confidence / balls to walk in in full roadie gear... just looks wrong..

Do most roadies just bear it, and get on with it, or carry a rucksack with spare clothes??

I wear MTB shorts while riding the road bikes not because I don't have the balls to walk into a store I just don't want the people staring at them and the other thing.

Jamiezx9r said:
Do most roadies just bear it, and get on with it, or carry a rucksack with spare clothes??

I'm a big guy, and I find I'm more comfortable wearing a padded liner under regular gym shorts, and a looser shirt like a baseball shirt.