Newbie having fun!!!

KakenBetaal

Jun 14, 2004
Well I'm having such a blast cycling on my new bike!!!! I last rode regularly 15 years ago and got a specialized sirrus elite last month. I've been steadily increasing my ride distances and today managed 64km at an average 140bpm in just over 3.5 hours. :eek: Pretty slow I know, but I'm still glad it's a rest day tomorrow.

Also a quick thanks to everyone here for a lot of useful advice.

KakenBetaal said:
Well I'm having such a blast cycling on my new bike!!!! I last rode regularly 15 years ago and got a specialized sirrus elite last month. I've been steadily increasing my ride distances and today managed 64km at an average 140bpm in just over 3.5 hours. :eek: Pretty slow I know, but I'm still glad it's a rest day tomorrow.

Also a quick thanks to everyone here for a lot of useful advice.
Good job! I just started riding again this spring after a 6-7 year hiatus. I couldn't tolerate the road bike anymore so I switched to a recumbent. It made cycling new again. Since recumbents use different muscle groups it took a while before I was "up to speed" so to speak. A challenge and a lot of fun. My speeds are now comparable to what I did on the road bike. The comfort is soooo Gooood.

'bent Brian

speed does not matter...so long as you are riding
and love the choice on the bike- I too ride a flat-bar road bike