NEWBIE in need of support....

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 14:31:00 -0000, "Just Me"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> I always seem to walk right into the kitchen looking for something to eat, not good, I need to
>> break that habit too.
>
>Hi Tracy and welcome to ASDWW, everyone here is very supportive.
>
>Believe me that habit is breakable, I've done it, almost ;). There are still times (like when I'm
>bored) that I find myself wandering into the kitchen almost on autopilot. In the past every time I
>got to my feet I would automatically head to the kitchen to find food. It's a hard habit to break
>but it can be done.

That pretty much described me, too. Up from the computer - down to the kitchen. Change the channel,
down to the kitchen, Down to the basement for something, stop in the kitchen. I find myself still
there (center of the house) but can hesitate and think and stop much more than in days past but it
is hard, like you said.

>What I try to do is to plan my days food early in the day. I plan everything down to the last
>calorie. That way I know that I can have a snack during the evening and knowing I have it planned
>makes it easier to resist extras - I started off with an 'eat first - journal after' attitude and
>it didn;t work for me. It's far easier to cut calories from your diet before you eat them than
>after. Today by 11am I had planned every available calorie - right down to how many grams of cereal
>I can have for my evening snack.
>
>I also re-started doing cross-stitching - it keeps my hands busy and I don't eat while I'm doing it
>because I don't want to get it dirty.
>
>Jane
>259.6/194.8/139

How does cereal work as an evening snack, Lee
Just Me <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:%[email protected]...

> > I always seem to walk right into the kitchen looking for something to eat, not good, I need to
> > break that
habit
> > too.
>
> Hi Tracy and welcome to ASDWW, everyone here is very supportive.
>
> Believe me that habit is breakable, I've done it, almost ;). There are
still
> times (like when I'm bored) that I find myself wandering into the kitchen almost on autopilot. In
> the past every time I got to my feet I would automatically head to the kitchen to find food. It's
> a hard habit to break but it can be done.
>
> What I try to do is to plan my days food early in the day. I plan
everything
> down to the last calorie. That way I know that I can have a snack during
the
> evening and knowing I have it planned makes it easier to resist extras - I started off with an
> 'eat first - journal after' attitude and it didn;t
work
> for me. It's far easier to cut calories from your diet before you eat them than after. Today by
> 11am I had planned every available calorie - right
down
> to how many grams of cereal I can have for my evening snack.
>
> I also re-started doing cross-stitching - it keeps my hands busy and I
don't
> eat while I'm doing it because I don't want to get it dirty.
>
> Jane
> 259.6/194.8/139

I have been doing alot of scrapbooking lately when I feel the hunger pangs, for the same reason, I
dont want to get my pages dirty so I drink my water and get creative.....I have noticed it has
helped on my needless snacking in the afternoon, Thanks for the great welcome to the group. I only
hope I can stick to it this time!!! Tracy K

I've done cereal as a snack but day and evening. I find it satisfying at times. I was doing the
Trader Joe's High Fiber

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 20:45:21 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>How does cereal work as an evening snack, Lee Just Me <[email protected]> wrote in
>message news:%[email protected]...
>>
>> > I always seem to walk right into the kitchen looking for something to eat, not good, I need to
>> > break that
>habit
>> > too.
>>
>> Hi Tracy and welcome to ASDWW, everyone here is very supportive.
>>
>> Believe me that habit is breakable, I've done it, almost ;). There are
>still
>> times (like when I'm bored) that I find myself wandering into the kitchen almost on autopilot. In
>> the past every time I got to my feet I would automatically head to the kitchen to find food. It's
>> a hard habit to break but it can be done.
>>
>> What I try to do is to plan my days food early in the day. I plan
>everything
>> down to the last calorie. That way I know that I can have a snack during
>the
>> evening and knowing I have it planned makes it easier to resist extras - I started off with an
>> 'eat first - journal after' attitude and it didn;t
>work
>> for me. It's far easier to cut calories from your diet before you eat them than after. Today by
>> 11am I had planned every available calorie - right
>down
>> to how many grams of cereal I can have for my evening snack.
>>
>> I also re-started doing cross-stitching - it keeps my hands busy and I
>don't
>> eat while I'm doing it because I don't want to get it dirty.
>>
>> Jane
>> 259.6/194.8/139

thanks, I was thinking that this might work as it is both crunchy and sweet
if you eat the kinds I do, but close enough to bedtime that there would be
no possibility for seconds, Lee
news:[email protected]...