Newbie Intro Thread

Name: Phil Hudson
Location Essex, England
Race? Yep, Ranked 35th
Goals? To be sucessful at racing.
Daily Training: Average mileage per week is 100-170 miles.

If anyone wants to tlak to me via MSN, please do not hesitate to contact me! :rolleyes:

Name: Duncan
Bike: 2005 Trek 1000
Racing: Nope, but would like to in the future.
Current Goals: Just to get fit.

Name: Tyler Orsulak
Location Crofton,Maryland (10mins from annapolis)
Race? Starting Soon
Goals? To ride a bike for a living
Daily Training: 5-20 miles a day.
Bike: 2005 Trek 1200

name- daniel
age- 14
location- sydney australia
bike- 1981(i think) falcon olympic

Name- Marie
Age-16
Location-West Auckland New Zealand
Race?-Yep, I did the round taupo last year... all of it! And for my school team
Goals-Jst to be fit and have fun
Daily training-About 4kms homes from school and at least 3 30km rides a week.
Bike- Well right now Ive got two, one an old C'dale which has been repainted about 10 times. And a 2002 Avanti corsa- I jst got it yesterday!!

I ride for the Massey high school team. Ive been riding for about 4 years after a friend bugged me into it. Then she quit. :rolleyes: We have a team of 18(?) riders this year, About 7 girls and the rest boys. Our youngest rider is about 14 and our oldest 18.

DANIEL

14 years old.

174 cm, 58 kg's

albury, australia

race? first race next weekend very scary.

avanti vivace $1600 ozzie dollars. with the full kit.

been riding about a year now on and off lately ive been riding over 200 km's a week i intend to ride more than this later in the year.

Jono

-16 (23 oct)

-Melbourne

-Riding a Trek 1500

-300-400k a week

-Won a junior northern combine race, lots of hawthorn crits ( B grade atm), got 2nd in climbtrial recently, nothing overly spectactular.

Aims- Finish school and work in a bike shop.:D

Charlie

18 years old

6'5", 182 lbs.

Never raced before, I just got into cycling a few months ago. I'm working at improving my stamina and building muscle in my quads so I can zoom up the many hills of Charlottesville.

Chris Mawdesley

14 Years old

Newcastle, England

roughly 50K a week but it varies due to school.

Dont race.

hmm goal... Enjoy myself, Learn and get muddy :)

I ride a Trek 4300.

nope never tried road, I think my uncle used to be a roadie, might ask if i can take one of his bikes for a spin.

Ok here goes...

Name: William Fester Vanderbilt
Stats: 5'4" 254lbs
Bike: top of the line trek racing bike( trek 1000 to be exact)
Racing: none yet
Plans: to win junior world championships this year
future: win tour de france eight times in a row (FYI which would break Lance Armstrongs record of seven wins in a row)
Training:100 miles a day til I turn 18- then 200 miles a day

If you would like to sponsor me in advance, then here my agents phone #1.403.693.8040

Name: j. agler
Stats: 5'10" 145 lbs.
Bike: Trek 1200 :(
Race? None yet, just started training a few days ago after quiting running for cycling. I'll start racing in August.
Goals? Dominate collegiate cycling in a few years :rolleyes:
Daily Training: working up to 50 miles/day

not new, but somehow never got around to posting here

Name: Greg
Stats: 6'0" 175lbs
Location: Wheaton, IL; Terre Haute, IN starting in late August (College)
race? nope, not yet, hope to someday very soon
goals: be able to ride a century by the end of this calendar year; drop the extra weight i gained between Cross Country season and taking up cycling
training: working on about 100-120 miles/week, I want to increase that to possible 200-300 or more, depending on how much time I have (after this summer ends, I doubt time will permit that).

Name:Nathan
Stats: 6'8" 215 pounds
race: not yet I am looking into doing it for fundraising races maybe.

I am currently pushing in volleyball so that I can get a scholarship for university, and I figure one of the ways to do that is have good cardio and endurance.

I have always loved biking so I picked up my old bike and have been using it for getting to volleyball practice about a 10 mile-25 minute ride in a city, and after 5 blown tires in 9 days I just went and bought new tires with kevlar strips and I am now looking into what clubs there might be near me for newbie bikers.

Name: Josh
Hight/Weight: 6'0" 160lb (all muscle)
Races: I used to be on a team, never raced (I was training with them, but moved). I'd like to do some of the longer races (like STP)
Goals: Centuries within 2 months. Get up to an average of 25+mph. Possibly join a men's team in Portland, OR in January (after I move)
Bike: I have a Schwinn Varsity right now, I'll be working on making it better or geting a whole new bike.

my myspace is www.myspace.com/boarderboi

Name: Ashleigh
Bike: I don’t have a road bike yet, getting one is just a few days!
Team: Not with one yet, just starting road cycling.
Racing: I haven’t raced yet, but am very excited too.
Previous Experience: MTBing for as long as I can remember and cycling at my gym 4-5 times a week for the past 8 months.
Training: Well, I haven’t started road cycling yet, but, I cycle at my gym 4-5 days a week for an hour and I also MTB a lot so I guess you can call that my training for now.
Avg. Speed:
I haven’t started road cycling yet so not sure…lol.
Longest Ride: MTB – 4 hours, Indoor Cycling – 2 hours
Goals: To be the best rider I can be and become pro.
Height & Weight: 5’5” and 118lbs. (I’m very toned and slim so therefore the extra lbs are in muscle:p)
Sponsors: I dont have any yet.