Newbie mechanic looking for helkp with vBrakes...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Rafa, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Rafa

    Rafa Guest

    Finally I decided to upgrade my brakeset, so I got it. Installing the brakes was easy, but I have
    somethingin mind that makeme kind of worry... none of the stopper pins fits perfectly into any of
    the holes (front fork or the frame).

    Its in the hole, but not fitted...

    What do you think... could that be a problem?

    Thanks
    Rafa

    Tags:

  2. Martees

    Martees Guest

    "Rafa" <rimedio@technomancer.com> wrote in message news:asu2i1$45d$1@news.ya.com...
    > Finally I decided to upgrade my brakeset, so I got it. Installing the brakes was easy, but I have
    > somethingin mind that makeme
    kind
    > of worry... none of the stopper pins fits perfectly into any of the holes (front fork
    or
    > the frame).
    >
    > Its in the hole, but not fitted...
    >
    > What do you think... could that be a problem?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Rafa

    Kind of reminds me of what you get when you cross a rhino with an elephant..... elephino.

    Marty

  3. On Sun, 08 Dec 2002 01:06:34 +0100, Rafa did issue forth:

    > Finally I decided to upgrade my brakeset, so I got it. Installing the brakes was easy, but I have
    > somethingin mind that makeme kind of worry... none of the stopper pins fits perfectly into any of
    > the holes (front fork or the frame).
    >
    > Its in the hole, but not fitted...

    It's a good job Shaun R only posts here during the week...

    > What do you think... could that be a problem?

    Not sure what you mean by "stopper pin", but I assume you mean the end of the spring on the brake.
    This spring retracts the brake when you let go of the lever. Therefore it won't cause a problem if
    you need to stop, but will be a real pain in the arse if you let off the brakes.

    --
    Huw Pritchard | Replace bounce with huw | to reply by mail | www.secretworldgovernment.org

  4. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Rafa" <rimedio@technomancer.com> wrote in message news:asu2i1$45d$1@news.ya.com...
    > Finally I decided to upgrade my brakeset, so I got it. Installing the brakes was easy, but I have
    > somethingin mind that makeme
    kind
    > of worry... none of the stopper pins fits perfectly into any of the holes (front fork
    or
    > the frame).
    >
    > Its in the hole, but not fitted...
    >
    > What do you think... could that be a problem?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Rafa

    I'd say if it's in the hole and the bolts are tight then they will do the job. They just have to
    'hook' the hole and keep tension on the return spring mechanism. If there is three holes choose the
    center one.

    Mike

  5. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sat, 7 Dec 2002 19:16:28 -0500, "Martees" <martees@chesint.net> wrote:

    >Kind of reminds me of what you get when you cross a rhino with an elephant..... elephino.
    >
    >Marty

    ROFLMAO!!!!

    :-]