Newbie mechanic looking for helkp with vBrakes...

Rafa

Guest
Finally I decided to upgrade my brakeset, so I got it. Installing the brakes was easy, but I have
somethingin mind that makeme kind of worry... none of the stopper pins fits perfectly into any of
the holes (front fork or the frame).

Its in the hole, but not fitted...

What do you think... could that be a problem?

Thanks
Rafa

"Rafa" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Finally I decided to upgrade my brakeset, so I got it. Installing the brakes was easy, but I have
> somethingin mind that makeme
kind
> of worry... none of the stopper pins fits perfectly into any of the holes (front fork
or
> the frame).
>
> Its in the hole, but not fitted...
>
> What do you think... could that be a problem?
>
> Thanks
> Rafa

Kind of reminds me of what you get when you cross a rhino with an elephant..... elephino.

Marty

On Sun, 08 Dec 2002 01:06:34 +0100, Rafa did issue forth:

> Finally I decided to upgrade my brakeset, so I got it. Installing the brakes was easy, but I have
> somethingin mind that makeme kind of worry... none of the stopper pins fits perfectly into any of
> the holes (front fork or the frame).
>
> Its in the hole, but not fitted...

It's a good job Shaun R only posts here during the week...

> What do you think... could that be a problem?

Not sure what you mean by "stopper pin", but I assume you mean the end of the spring on the brake.
This spring retracts the brake when you let go of the lever. Therefore it won't cause a problem if
you need to stop, but will be a real pain in the **** if you let off the brakes.

--
Huw Pritchard | Replace bounce with huw | to reply by mail | www.secretworldgovernment.org

"Rafa" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Finally I decided to upgrade my brakeset, so I got it. Installing the brakes was easy, but I have
> somethingin mind that makeme
kind
> of worry... none of the stopper pins fits perfectly into any of the holes (front fork
or
> the frame).
>
> Its in the hole, but not fitted...
>
> What do you think... could that be a problem?
>
> Thanks
> Rafa

I'd say if it's in the hole and the bolts are tight then they will do the job. They just have to
'hook' the hole and keep tension on the return spring mechanism. If there is three holes choose the
center one.

Mike

On Sat, 7 Dec 2002 19:16:28 -0500, "Martees" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Kind of reminds me of what you get when you cross a rhino with an elephant..... elephino.
>
>Marty

ROFLMAO!!!!

:-]