Newbie Need Advice

vinnybobo86

May 4, 2015
Trying to buy a decent bike and it seems like aside from a brand new bike for over 500 euros around the area the best I can get is a used bike since people won't ship here for some reason. Anywho there are two options I have available right now and not sure if I should wait or grab one of these because I can't find any information about either of them.

The first is an Apollo LSX 1.0 (I think)
Here's a pic
s400_4796c65b28aa164537eae88532038.jpg

This bike is listed at 130$

The second is a Bulls 5.OCS which is listed at 250 Euros

Here's a pic of it
s640_4796c6d39b33e34537eaea2923070.jpg

I am not very familiar with bikes at all. I'm trying to use this for a 13 mile round trip daily to work. There is some uphill and the ride is mostly paved road. Does anyone know anything about either of these bikes or can anyone give me some advice? That 250 euros is on the high end of what I want to spend.

Both of these are cheap bikes, but a simple cheap bike is better than a complicated cheap bike. For commuting on pavement you don't need the full suspension of the Bulls, and I doubt that its rear swingarm is good for anything more than sucking out your energy on hills anyway.

Make an offer for the Apollo, but don't pay a cent more than 90 euros for it.

oldbobcat said:
Both of these are cheap bikes, but a simple cheap bike is better than a complicated cheap bike. For commuting on pavement you don't need the full suspension of the Bulls, and I doubt that its rear swingarm is good for anything more than sucking out your energy on hills anyway.

Make an offer for the Apollo, but don't pay a cent more than 90 euros for it.
Thank you very much for the advice!