don't bike more than 1-2 times per week...for training..also don't log many miles.

HELP!

Two things to consider-

#1: You're concerned about not spending much money because it's your
least-favorite sport? That might all change if you find the right shop & bike. Seriously. You don't
know what you're missing, and someday your knees just aren't going to enjoy the pounding of the run
anymore, and cycling just might be the ticket to staying in shape and having fun.

#2: The choice of bike isn't nearly as important as the dealer. Especially
for your first road bike, fit is going to be the most important consideration.

#3: Regarding the need for a comfortable ride, slightly-wider tires are
going to make a bigger difference than most anything else (with the exception of suspension which
generally doesn't belong on a road bike that's being used for road-based triathlons).

bren wrote:

> I am competing in my second triathlon (sprint) later this summer. I have finally decided to give
> back the borrowed mountain bike I have been training with and will finally purchase a road bike.
> Bikes I am considering: Fuji Ace-se Cannondale Bad boy.. I am 5 feet tall and looking for
> comfortable ride. HELP...don't want to spend alot of cash as this is my least favorite event! I
> don't bike more than 1-2 times per week...for training..also don't log many miles.
>
> HELP!

I suggest psychological counseling, since anyone who does not have cycling as his or her favorite
outdoor/athletic activity has a real problem.

Maybe Fabrizio has a point about tri-athletes?

> I suggest psychological counseling, since anyone who does not have cycling as his or her favorite
> outdoor/athletic activity has a real problem.

I'd have a tough time arguing with that response!