Newbie observations and ????

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Swain \" Tallsi, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. Been monitoring the newsgroup for some time and trying to convert my old jogger body to a riding
    body! Enjoy some of the post but for now a lot of them are Greek to me.

    I'm 6'5", weigh 190, and ride a 23" Giant Sedona LX. After a lot of adjusting and getting my butt
    used to the seat, I find the bike very comfortable for me. However, when I bought the bike I told
    the LBS owner that I would be riding road and trail and that's why he suggested the Sedona. I've
    decided that my riding will be pretty much on the street for rides of 10-15 miles three times a week
    and then a longer ride on the weekends. My question for the group is this. What do I need to change,
    other than the tires, to make the bike a better road bike, if any????

    Thanks for any suggestions,

    Swain "Tallsilver" Piver

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, Swain \" Tallsilver\" Piver
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Been monitoring the newsgroup for some time and trying to convert my old jogger body to a riding
    >body! Enjoy some of the post but for now a lot of them are Greek to me.
    >
    >I'm 6'5", weigh 190, and ride a 23" Giant Sedona LX. After a lot of adjusting and getting my butt
    >used to the seat, I find the bike very comfortable for me. However, when I bought the bike I told
    >the LBS owner that I would be riding road and trail and that's why he suggested the Sedona. I've
    >decided that my riding will be pretty much on the street for rides of 10-15 miles three times a
    >week and then a longer ride on the weekends. My question for the group is this. What do I need to
    >change, other than the tires, to make the bike a better road bike, if any????

    Road tires and clipless pedals would be at the top of my list.

    --Paul

  3. Jamie

    Jamie Guest

    Try a set of Kenda's kwesp I think that's the name there 1.5 tire's and can be inflated to 110psi .I
    have a set for bad weather days and spring and fall in Indiana .Don't like taking my good road bike
    out on bad day/foul weather . They should work nice

    --
    J/O Trailblazer At large !!