Newbie observations and ????

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Swain \" Tallsi, Jul 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Been monitoring the newsgroup for some time and trying to convert my old jogger body to a riding
    body! Enjoy some of the post but for now a lot of them are Greek to me.

I'm 6'5", weigh 190, and ride a 23" Giant Sedona LX. After a lot of adjusting and getting my butt
    used to the seat, I find the bike very comfortable for me. However, when I bought the bike I told
    the LBS owner that I would be riding road and trail and that's why he suggested the Sedona. I've
    decided that my riding will be pretty much on the street for rides of 10-15 miles three times a week
    and then a longer ride on the weekends. My question for the group is this. What do I need to change,
    other than the tires, to make the bike a better road bike, if any????

Thanks for any suggestions,

Swain "Tallsilver" Piver

Tags:

2. In article <[email protected]>, Swain \" Tallsilver\" Piver
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Been monitoring the newsgroup for some time and trying to convert my old jogger body to a riding
    >body! Enjoy some of the post but for now a lot of them are Greek to me.
    >
    >I'm 6'5", weigh 190, and ride a 23" Giant Sedona LX. After a lot of adjusting and getting my butt
    >used to the seat, I find the bike very comfortable for me. However, when I bought the bike I told
    >the LBS owner that I would be riding road and trail and that's why he suggested the Sedona. I've
    >decided that my riding will be pretty much on the street for rides of 10-15 miles three times a
    >week and then a longer ride on the weekends. My question for the group is this. What do I need to
    >change, other than the tires, to make the bike a better road bike, if any????

Road tires and clipless pedals would be at the top of my list.

--Paul

3. Jamie

Jamie Guest

Try a set of Kenda's kwesp I think that's the name there 1.5 tire's and can be inflated to 110psi .I
    have a set for bad weather days and spring and fall in Indiana .Don't like taking my good road bike
    out on bad day/foul weather . They should work nice

--
    J/O Trailblazer At large !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.