newbie on the board

planoaggie

Jun 17, 2004
hey y'all, just got registered, wanted to say hey. only been riding about a year or so, started last july, was riding 3-4 times a week through september, then school started. but graduated, so now i can finally get back on the bike more often.....

any plano TX people around here who can give me some ride info?

Originally posted by planoaggie
hey y'all, just got registered, wanted to say hey. only been riding about a year or so, started last july, was riding 3-4 times a week through september, then school started. but graduated, so now i can finally get back on the bike more often.....

Welcome aboard Planoaggie...There is lots of useful info to be found here.

Enjoy!
Z

Your last name isn't Armstrong. is it?:confused:

Originally posted by jhuskey
Your last name isn't Armstrong. is it?:confused:

unfortunately no, but i do have a famous name....

i am blessed to be called Michael Jackson!!!:eek:

unfortunately no, but i do have a famous name....

i am blessed to be called Michael Jackson!!!:eek:

Famous or infamous? Maybe there is something in the water in Plano that make great cyclist?

I used to live in Plano. There's a lot of trails to ride in Arbor Hills Nature preserve, and a paved path that makes about a 1 mile loop around part of the park. If you walk or ride the paved path around sunset in the summer you will see armadillos and scorpions crossing the path.

There is a paved bike trail under the high voltage power lines around near Parker Rd. and Coit Blvd. That trail runs mainly east-west for several miles and passes through several parks. I used to ride the roads to work but the traffic and the speed and the lack of anything that resembles a bike lane makes riding around the DFW area pretty hairy.

TD