Newbie Polar Power install question

bseidner

Nov 5, 2003
I am editing the values for my S725 and I could remove the chain and measure it but thought for certain it would be somewhere published on the web.

Surprise, it isn't. It is late in the day and I will take off the chain next weekend if I can't get this information otherwise.

I have a straight issue Ultegra chain and 9speed drive train. I found a weight of 304 grams and 116 links on the web. But I can't find the chain length and my software asks me for chain ****. A google of chain **** came up with some salacious offerings, none of which had much to do with cycling. The Polar website is useless.

bseidner said:
I am editing the values for my S725 and I could remove the chain and measure it but thought for certain it would be somewhere published on the web.

Surprise, it isn't. It is late in the day and I will take off the chain next weekend if I can't get this information otherwise.

I have a straight issue Ultegra chain and 9speed drive train. I found a weight of 304 grams and 116 links on the web. But I can't find the chain length and my software asks me for chain ****. A google of chain **** came up with some salacious offerings, none of which had much to do with cycling. The Polar website is useless.

I finally just decided to use my Shimano chain as a backup after getting an SRAM with the Powerlink for my mountain bike last year. Lot easier to take off and clean the drivetrain. Plus, it was a cinch to measure and weigh for the power kit. Now my road and mountain have them. BTW, there is a way to calculate the length based on links with a Shimano chain, but I can't remember what the link (sorry about the pun) was. Good luck!

bseidner said:

What's required is chain density... i.e. weight per unit length.

Google the 'weightweenies' website. You should find your chain there. I believe a Shimano 9 sp chain runs about 289 gm for a 114 link chain.

JustCurious said:
What's required is chain density... i.e. weight per unit length.

Google the 'weightweenies' website. You should find your chain there. I believe a Shimano 9 sp chain runs about 289 gm for a 114 link chain.

Thank you. I will check this out. Now if only I could figure out want a chain **** is.

Bruce