Newbie question - When to wear tri-suit?

Will

Guest
With an indoor pool swim, does one swim in a tri-suit or put on after
the swim? I imagine the former, but haven't swum in a suit. Are they
comfortable (and fast) to swim in?

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Will) wrote:

> With an indoor pool swim, does one swim in a tri-suit or put on after
> the swim? I imagine the former, but haven't swum in a suit. Are they
> comfortable (and fast) to swim in?

How fast they are depends on you, but my tri-shorts are as
cofortable--and I guess as fast--as a pair of jammers.

--Harold Buck

"I used to rock and roll all night,
and party every day.
Then it was every other day. . . ."
-Homer J. Simpson

You need to experiment for yourself. Do a couple 400's in your regular suit
and a few in your trisuit. Compare and go with the fastest.
The purpose of the tri suit is to reduce time in transition. If you put it
on after the swim you have defeated that purpose. My bet is that you will
be faster in a properly made and fit tri suit.

Ken @ Kauai

news:[email protected]...