Newbie Question

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Adrian, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    I've noticed a lot of people who post here have weights listed under their name 200/175/150 style.
    What do these mean? As well, what does the RAFL etc. mean?

    Tags:

  2. Wannablean

    Wannablean Guest

    Hi Adrian, I'm new too, so I figure the signature weights are starting
    weight / current weight / goal weight, but I could be wrong. :)
    "Adrian" <adrianh<--flip this [email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've noticed a lot of people who post here have weights listed under their name 200/175/150 style.
    > What do these mean? As well, what does the RAFL
    etc.
    > mean?

  3. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    In that case

    220/178/170

    "Adrian" <adrianh<--flip this [email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I've noticed a lot of people who post here have weights listed under their name 200/175/150 style.
    > What do these mean? As well, what does the RAFL
    etc.
    > mean?

  4. RAFL is the acronym for the current weight loss challenge--Resolutions
    Are for Losers--web hosted by Amberle3. Here's the URL:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

    If you care to join us, sign up information is on the web page. It's never too late to jump in.

    Prairie Roots starting wt: 232/current wt: 167/WW goal wt: 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

    On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 01:41:47 GMT, "Adrian" <adrianh<--flip this [email protected]> wrote:

    >I've noticed a lot of people who post here have weights listed under their name 200/175/150 style.
    >What do these mean? As well, what does the RAFL etc. mean?

  5. I see others have answered your question so I won't repeat the answers but I will say welcome to
    the board!!

    --
    Janice
    263/252/150 (maybe 130)

    "Adrian" <adrianh<--flip this [email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I've noticed a lot of people who post here have weights listed under their name 200/175/150 style.
    > What do these mean? As well, what does the RAFL
    etc.
    > mean?

  6. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    Hi Adrian, and welcome to this group. Here's the official welcome notice, which will answer a lot of
    your questions. Anything else, just post! Welcome to this great newsgroup where you'll receive lots
    of support, advice, and encouragement. Once a week on Sundays, I post a list of links that newcomers
    to asdww might find useful. You may want to look for that later in the week, or do a backwards
    search for last Sunday's post.

    In the meantime, here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ our welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    Frequently seen acronyms on this NG: NSV = Non-Scale Victory WOE = Way of Eating WOL = Way of Life
    (Living) OP = on Points or On Program DH = Dear or Darling Husband
    DS/DD/DGD/etc = Dear or Darling Son, Daughter, Granddaughter, etc WI = Weigh-in

    Amberle3's Challenges:

    HHH - Happy Healthy Holidays Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/hhh.htm

    NYNY - New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/nyny.htm

    THTP - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm

    RafL - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

    Other acronyms: http://www.wwlissa.com/dwlz100+/100+acronyms.htm

    Here's a short synopsis by Joyce -

    How many points you can eat is only based on your current weight, as you lose weight those points
    allowed will decrease (logic is that your body will need less to operate). At 183 pounds and based
    on the new US flexpoints system, you will have a set point target of 24. In addition to this you are
    allowed 35 flexpoints to be used throughout the week ... as well as any activity points you earn on
    a particular day. When your weight drops to 175, your target drops to 22 points ... weight reaches
    150, target once again drop to 20 points. 3 servings of dairy of recommended per day, 5 servings of
    fruit and veggies, minimum of 6 glasses of water.

    To calculate food and activity points, I love this computer desktop calculator ...
    http://www.xmission.com/~zythra/downloads/points.exe

    WW suggests your ideal weight should be somewhere between 116 and 145 depending on your age.

    The basic plan is easy. Eat at least your minimum daily number of points. Points do not carry over
    from day to day. You are allotted 35 weekly flexpoints to be used at your discretion ... can divide
    them up and use daily (would be an additional 5 points per day) or save them and use them for a
    special occassion during the week. Activity points are earned based when exercising, but can ONLY be
    used on the day they are earned.

    If you can afford $15/month, the online ww program might be a great thing for you to look into.
    There is lots of information available, as well as the food point database and journaling system.

    Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight: 133.3 Lifetime: 4/4/03

    Disclaimer: As an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup, asdww is unusual in that most of the people who
    participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and knowledge
    of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up to post
    advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this are
    just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of the regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience
    as a suggestion to try if you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what
    works for him/herself. If someone posts something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the
    newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health professional.

    Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74(WW) / 72(Personal) kg

    "Adrian" <adrianh<--flip this [email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I've noticed a lot of people who post here have weights listed under their name 200/175/150 style.
    > What do these mean? As well, what does the RAFL etc. mean?

  7. Limeyno1

    Limeyno1 Guest

    Welcome to both of you. That's what the numbers mean.

    --
    Helen

    Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object
    of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him

    <>< ><> www.peagramfamily.com http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

    http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/MY_WEIGHT_WATCHERS.html

    http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/RECIPES.html

    [email protected]

    225/190/145

    "WannaBLean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Adrian, I'm new too, so I figure the signature weights are starting weight / current weight /
    > goal weight, but I could be wrong. :) "Adrian" <adrianh<--flip this [email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]...
    > > I've noticed a lot of people who post here have weights listed under
    their
    > > name 200/175/150 style. What do these mean? As well, what does the RAFL
    > etc.
    > > mean?

  8. I see no one answered your question about RafL. It's the newest weight loss
    challenge that the group is participating in. Here's a link to the site.
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

    --
    Brenda
    209/178/150 RafL goal 165