Newbie Question

amonro1YOURFING

Guest
Have had a look around but cannot find a site that lets me know of cycle paths in Lancashire and the
Lake District

Where are they?

TIA

allan

Why specifically cycle *paths*??

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

okay then anywhere that I can take my 6yo son in safety

cycle paths cycle ways bridle ways

or even simple cycle routes where I could hitch him on the back and follow a designated route

Allan Remove yourfinger to reply

> Why specifically cycle *paths*??
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> ~~~~~~~~~~
> Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending
> reply!
>
> Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the
keyboaRRRDdd
> ~~~~~~~~~~

news:<[email protected]>...

Try www.sustrans.org.uk/ . Have a look at the on-line shop for maps and guides.

--
Dave...

> Try Sustrans www.sustrans.org.uk Also try your local authority in case they have local maps Join
> CTC see www.ctc.org.uk and get access to their route facilities etc.,
plus
> the indemnity insurance and legal help in case of accidents.

If you join CTC don't be tempted by their 'Introductory Membership'. It is a sham, second class
membership missold to the unwary and comes without insurance or access to route information.

Oh, and don't bother raising the issue with CTC 'cos they do not give a sh*t!!

> Also, don't assume cycle path = safe. It doesn't. Saying this - *enjoy*
your
> cycling - it is fun and, for the most part, safe, just don't assume
cycling
> "facilities" = safe - they aren't called cycling "farcilities" on here for nothing :)

Check out your local 'country parks' -- they often have some reasonable traffic free cycling.
Tell us where you are located and someone here will probably have some suggestions suitable for 6
year olds.

we are based in Krkham, Lancs between Blackpool and Preston but am happy to travel throughout the
lakes, yorkshire and North Wales for a good cycle ride with my family

Thanks both Allan

"Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in
message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Try Sustrans www.sustrans.org.uk Also try your local authority in case they have local maps Join
> > CTC see www.ctc.org.uk and get access to their route facilities
etc.,
> plus
> > the indemnity insurance and legal help in case of accidents.
>
> If you join CTC don't be tempted by their 'Introductory Membership'. It
is
> a sham, second class membership missold to the unwary and comes without insurance or access to
> route information.
>
> Oh, and don't bother raising the issue with CTC 'cos they do not give a sh*t!!
>

> > Also, don't assume cycle path = safe. It doesn't. Saying this - *enjoy*
> your
> > cycling - it is fun and, for the most part, safe, just don't assume
> cycling
> > "facilities" = safe - they aren't called cycling "farcilities" on here
for
> > nothing :)
>
> Check out your local 'country parks' -- they often have some reasonable traffic free cycling.
> Tell us where you are located and someone here will probably have some suggestions suitable for 6
> year olds.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> we are based in Krkham, Lancs between Blackpool and Preston but am happy
> travel throughout the lakes, yorkshire and North Wales for a good cycle
ride
> with my family
>
> Thanks both Allan

Aah, The Fylde. No hills, quiet back roads, friendly country pubs - great cycling country. I haven't
actually cycled there in about 15 years so my recollections could be nostalgia fuelled nonsense of
course. Tony R.

On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 13:56:51 +0100, "tony R" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Aah, The Fylde. No hills, quiet back roads, friendly country pubs - great cycling country. I
>haven't actually cycled there in about 15 years so my recollections could be nostalgia fuelled
>nonsense of course.

And some of the VERY best people hail from that area.

<Puts own just-blown trumpet back in its case> James

--
A credit limit is NOT a target.