Newbie Question

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by amonro1YOURFING, Apr 11, 2003.

  1. Have had a look around but cannot find a site that lets me know of cycle paths in Lancashire and the
    Lake District

    Where are they?

    TIA

    allan

    Tags:

  2. Why specifically cycle *paths*??

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. okay then anywhere that I can take my 6yo son in safety

    cycle paths cycle ways bridle ways

    or even simple cycle routes where I could hitch him on the back and follow a designated route

    Allan Remove yourfinger to reply

    > Why specifically cycle *paths*??
    >
    > Cheers, helen s
    >

    > ~~~~~~~~~~
    > Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending
    > reply!
    >
    > Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the
    keyboaRRRDdd
    > ~~~~~~~~~~

  4. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    news:<[email protected]m>...

    Try www.sustrans.org.uk/ . Have a look at the on-line shop for maps and guides.

    --
    Dave...

  5. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    > Try Sustrans www.sustrans.org.uk Also try your local authority in case they have local maps Join
    > CTC see www.ctc.org.uk and get access to their route facilities etc.,
    plus
    > the indemnity insurance and legal help in case of accidents.

    If you join CTC don't be tempted by their 'Introductory Membership'. It is a sham, second class
    membership missold to the unwary and comes without insurance or access to route information.

    Oh, and don't bother raising the issue with CTC 'cos they do not give a sh*t!!

    > Also, don't assume cycle path = safe. It doesn't. Saying this - *enjoy*
    your
    > cycling - it is fun and, for the most part, safe, just don't assume
    cycling
    > "facilities" = safe - they aren't called cycling "farcilities" on here for nothing :)

    Check out your local 'country parks' -- they often have some reasonable traffic free cycling.
    Tell us where you are located and someone here will probably have some suggestions suitable for 6
    year olds.

  6. we are based in Krkham, Lancs between Blackpool and Preston but am happy to travel throughout the
    lakes, yorkshire and North Wales for a good cycle ride with my family

    Thanks both Allan

    "Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > Try Sustrans www.sustrans.org.uk Also try your local authority in case they have local maps Join
    > > CTC see www.ctc.org.uk and get access to their route facilities
    etc.,
    > plus
    > > the indemnity insurance and legal help in case of accidents.
    >
    > If you join CTC don't be tempted by their 'Introductory Membership'. It
    is
    > a sham, second class membership missold to the unwary and comes without insurance or access to
    > route information.
    >
    > Oh, and don't bother raising the issue with CTC 'cos they do not give a sh*t!!
    >

    > > Also, don't assume cycle path = safe. It doesn't. Saying this - *enjoy*
    > your
    > > cycling - it is fun and, for the most part, safe, just don't assume
    > cycling
    > > "facilities" = safe - they aren't called cycling "farcilities" on here
    for
    > > nothing :)
    >
    > Check out your local 'country parks' -- they often have some reasonable traffic free cycling.
    > Tell us where you are located and someone here will probably have some suggestions suitable for 6
    > year olds.

  7. Tony R

    Tony R Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > we are based in Krkham, Lancs between Blackpool and Preston but am happy
    > travel throughout the lakes, yorkshire and North Wales for a good cycle
    ride
    > with my family
    >
    > Thanks both Allan

    Aah, The Fylde. No hills, quiet back roads, friendly country pubs - great cycling country. I haven't
    actually cycled there in about 15 years so my recollections could be nostalgia fuelled nonsense of
    course. Tony R.

  8. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 13:56:51 +0100, "tony R" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Aah, The Fylde. No hills, quiet back roads, friendly country pubs - great cycling country. I
    >haven't actually cycled there in about 15 years so my recollections could be nostalgia fuelled
    >nonsense of course.

    And some of the VERY best people hail from that area.

    <Puts own just-blown trumpet back in its case> James

    --
    A credit limit is NOT a target.