Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Newbie Road rider Pedals???

Started by kscalia · · Last activity · 4 posts · 895 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
24 July 2004
Last activity
25 July 2004
Original author
kscalia
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
895
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I just got into road riding and have been using my mountain bike pedals to clip into.I am in the market for road pedals and wanted to know what is a good pedal and style? Is SPD ok for road bikes? I'm clueless please help. 😕

  2. Yea, i'm the same. I've just started and was wondering what would be a good set of pedals to start off on. If you could recommend a good pair of shoes for a novice as well i'd really appreciate it.

  3. You will get as many answers as there pedal system types out there. I started riding clipless with the very first pair of looks marketed, and stayed with look models, with float (the red cleats) until mid-year last year, when I went with the Campagnolo pro-fits (Chorus, in my case). Essentially an improved Look design. I recommend the Campagnolos very highly, but cannot honestly say anything bad about the looks I used either!

    As for shoes, I am a diehard Sidi fan. Get the nicest pair of Sidis you can afford and your feet will thank you forever. And on top of it all they really look cool too.

    Hope this helps.

  4. kscalia said:

    I just got into road riding and have been using my mountain bike pedals to clip into.I am in the market for road pedals and wanted to know what is a good pedal and style? Is SPD ok for road bikes? I'm clueless please help. 😕

    im in the same situation too i think im gonna go for clipless look ones because they seem the modern option

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.