Newbie to training rollers

mpm

Nov 19, 2003
Hi people,

I like to start with training rollers (here is winter -> bad weather).
I put a pair of slick tires 26 x 1.5 on my MTB and I need some advices about the routine, which problems I´ll face during the training and how to solve it.

Thanks in advance.

Marcelo

mpm said:
Hi people,

I put a pair of slick tires 26 x 1.5 on my MTB and I need some advices about the routine, which problems I´ll face during the training and how to solve it.

Thanks in advance.

Marcelo

Is this the right place for my message .... ?

Marcelo

mpm said:
Is this the right place for my message .... ?

Marcelo
MPM...you might want to post this question in a more popular section...I have personally never used rollers but a lot of the road folks do and I can not imagine that the training is that my different.

mpm said:
Hi people,

Thanks in advance.

Marcelo
Hey,
The biggest problem you'll face is balance. Make sure you have something sturdy to hold on to until you get used to the feel and uncertainty of riding on rollers. And make sure you have that sturdy object near you while you're riding. Keep training on them, and you'll see improvements. When you can ride no-handed and drink from your water bottle, you'll be in good shape! ;)

Orange Fish said:
Hey,
The biggest problem you'll face is balance. Make sure you have something sturdy to hold on to until you get used to the feel and uncertainty of riding on rollers. And make sure you have that sturdy object near you while you're riding. Keep training on them, and you'll see improvements. When you can ride no-handed and drink from your water bottle, you'll be in good shape! ;)
I really gotta get me a set of rollers.