Newbie to triathlons

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Jj, Mar 21, 2003.

  1. Jj

    Jj Guest

    I'm going through the drills from Total Immersion and have one really big question that the book
    doesn't cover.

    How do you get the water out of your ears after your done swimming?

    Please, any tips or tricks would help.

    Thanks

    JJ

    [email protected]

    (to reply directly change comcrap to comcast)

    Tags:

  2. Stu

    Stu Guest

    You should really try plugs. This way water NEVER gets in. I have found that I feel "dizzy" at times
    during the bike when I have water in the ears. So from that time on, I have used ear plugs, and not
    had a problem since.

    Just one age grouper opinion.

    SJ

    "JJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'm going through the drills from Total Immersion and have one really big question that the book
    > doesn't cover.
    >
    > How do you get the water out of your ears after your done swimming?
    >
    > Please, any tips or tricks would help.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > JJ
    >
    > [email protected]
    >
    > (to reply directly change comcrap to comcast)

  3. $3.00 earplugs at Walgreens work wonders and are pretty comfy too!!!

    "JJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm going through the drills from Total Immersion and have one really big question that the book
    > doesn't cover.
    >
    > How do you get the water out of your ears after your done swimming?
    >
    > Please, any tips or tricks would help.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > JJ
    >
    > [email protected]
    >
    > (to reply directly change comcrap to comcast)

  4. Ecce

    Ecce Guest

    "JJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm going through the drills from Total Immersion and have one really big question that the book
    > doesn't cover.
    >
    > How do you get the water out of your ears after your done swimming?

    I had the same problem for the first 6 months or so of swimming.

    I tried loads of things - as I found having blocked ears was really nasty/uncomfortable.

    I eventually developed a method of tilting my head to one side and shaking the water out.

    I still get asked if I'm alright by the lifeguards (they think I'm having an episode).

    Also try and get the water out straight away after doing the drill or length or whatever - hence the
    lifeguards concerns at my local pool.

    > Please, any tips or tricks would help.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > JJ
    >
    > [email protected]
    >
    > (to reply directly change comcrap to comcast)

  5. Chris Maginn

    Chris Maginn Guest

    No way...Any triathlon product worth using must be at least 19.95 in order to be truly useful, and
    more importantly, have the proper cache. There must be some overpriced designer ear plugs out there
    that are targeted exclusively to the triathlete. How embarassed would we all be to have to admit we
    only spent 3 bucks on our earplugs when comparing at the next group open water swim. Common Joel,
    get with the program :) It'd be like going to Walgreens to get cheap $10 sunglasses to train with.

    news:<[email protected]>...