newbie (well, sort of...and a real problem case)

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Melnic, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Melnic

    Melnic Guest

    MaizeHi,

    I was doing WW about two years ago. Lost about 10 kilo's, then moved house, got married and gained
    it all back again plus another 5!! Ouch. Anyway, last week I found myself standing on a scale again
    for the first time in two years and found myself wondering what it would be like to see the scale
    tip over 100 kilo's (Im 97,6 now). Sooo easy. But I decided I'd beter leave that as a "not in this
    lifetime" experience and picked up the ww rroutine again. Lost 1 kilo in that week, then this week
    I think I blasted that al away again with a pizza (thought I ate 14 points and it actually was
    nearwer to
    30) the next day I ate KFC then my husbands b-day so I ate lots of chips and the scrumptious
    chocolate cake I'm famous for with all my friends!! Boohoo. Just ate another piece too.
    Terrible, terrible. I will start again tomorrow. This time for real. Maybe I'll pop in once in a
    while. Because of evening courses and a fulltime job I can't go to the meetings. So maybe I can
    come an growl or hurray here once in a while?

    ........later: I walked off for a second to check my weight. I am now closer to the 100 than I've
    ever been thanks to the kfc, pizza, chocolate cake excursion: 98,4 kilo's!!!!!!!! 1,69 meters
    height. This is a now real problem. The heaviest I've been in my entire life.

    Melanie

    Tags:

  2. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    melnic wrote:

    > MaizeHi,
    >
    > I was doing WW about two years ago. Lost about 10 kilo's, then moved house, got married and gained
    > it all back again plus another 5!! Ouch. Anyway, last week I found myself standing on a scale
    > again for the first time in two years and found myself wondering what it would be like to see the
    > scale tip over 100 kilo's (Im 97,6 now). Sooo easy. But I decided I'd beter leave that as a "not
    > in this lifetime" experience and picked up the ww rroutine again. Lost 1 kilo in that week, then
    > this week I think I blasted that al away again with a pizza (thought I ate 14 points and it
    > actually was nearwer to
    > 30) the next day I ate KFC then my husbands b-day so I ate lots of chips and the scrumptious
    > chocolate cake I'm famous for with all my friends!! Boohoo. Just ate another piece too.
    > Terrible, terrible. I will start again tomorrow. This time for real. Maybe I'll pop in once in
    > a while. Because of evening courses and a fulltime job I can't go to the meetings. So maybe I
    > can come an growl or hurray here once in a while?

    That's what we're here for!

    > ........later: I walked off for a second to check my weight. I am now closer to the 100 than I've
    > ever been thanks to the kfc, pizza, chocolate cake excursion: 98,4 kilo's!!!!!!!! 1,69 meters
    > height. This is a now real problem. The heaviest I've been in my entire life.
    >
    > Melanie

    I blew all my spare points at a friend's birthday party today, but what the hell - you're only 60
    once, and I felt like joining the fun! Back on track tomorrow, and all will be well in the long run,
    which is what counts!

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  3. Melnic

    Melnic Guest

    true, but right now I wasn't too happy with my scale ;)) I think, however, that my friends and
    family will have to do without the chocolate cake for a while... ;)

    Melanie

    what do the numbers at the bottom stand for?

    "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    online.co.uk...
    > melnic wrote:
    > >
    > > MaizeHi,
    > >
    > > I was doing WW about two years ago. Lost about 10 kilo's, then moved
    house,
    > > got married and gained it all back again plus another 5!! Ouch. Anyway, last week I found myself
    > > standing on a scale again for the first time in two years and found myself wondering what it
    > > would be like to
    see
    > > the scale tip over 100 kilo's (Im 97,6 now). Sooo easy. But I decided
    I'd
    > > beter leave that as a "not in this lifetime" experience and picked up
    the ww
    > > rroutine again. Lost 1 kilo in that week, then this week I think I blasted that al away again
    > > with a pizza (thought I ate 14 points and it actually was nearwer
    > > 30) the next day I ate KFC then my husbands b-day so I ate lots of chips
    and
    > > the scrumptious chocolate cake I'm famous for with all my friends!!
    Boohoo.
    > > Just ate another piece too. Terrible, terrible. I will start again tomorrow. This time for real.
    > > Maybe I'll pop in once in a while. Because of evening courses and a
    fulltime
    > > job I can't go to the meetings. So maybe I can come an growl or hurray
    here
    > > once in a while?
    >
    > That's what we're here for!
    > >
    > > ........later: I walked off for a second to check my weight. I am now closer to the
    100
    > > than I've ever been thanks to the kfc, pizza, chocolate cake excursion: 98,4 kilo's!!!!!!!! 1,69
    > > meters height. This is a now real problem. The heaviest I've been in my entire life.
    > >
    > > Melanie
    >
    > I blew all my spare points at a friend's birthday party today, but what the hell - you're only 60
    > once, and I felt like joining the fun! Back on track tomorrow, and all will be well in the long
    > run, which is what counts!
    > --

    > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    > Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  4. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    Hey Melanie, this place is a Great meeting place. Hang in there..

    "melnic" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    1...
    > MaizeHi,
    >
    > I was doing WW about two years ago. Lost about 10 kilo's, then moved
    house,
    > got married and gained it all back again plus another 5!! Ouch. Anyway, last week I found myself
    > standing on a scale again for the first time in two years and found myself wondering what it would
    > be like to see the scale tip over 100 kilo's (Im 97,6 now). Sooo easy. But I decided I'd beter
    > leave that as a "not in this lifetime" experience and picked up the
    ww
    > rroutine again. Lost 1 kilo in that week, then this week I think I blasted that al away again with
    > a pizza (thought I ate 14 points and it actually was nearwer to
    > 30) the next day I ate KFC then my husbands b-day so I ate lots of chips
    and
    > the scrumptious chocolate cake I'm famous for with all my friends!!
    Boohoo.
    > Just ate another piece too. Terrible, terrible. I will start again tomorrow. This time for real.
    > Maybe I'll pop in once in a while. Because of evening courses and a
    fulltime
    > job I can't go to the meetings. So maybe I can come an growl or hurray
    here
    > once in a while?
    >
    > ........later: I walked off for a second to check my weight. I am now closer to the 100 than I've
    > ever been thanks to the kfc, pizza, chocolate cake excursion: 98,4 kilo's!!!!!!!! 1,69 meters
    > height. This is a now real problem. The heaviest I've been in my entire life.
    >
    > Melanie

  5. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Hi Melanie:

    If you need a place to go to get support you've found it!! This is a great place!! You might want to
    become an online WW member. Others can tell you more about this.

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/204.5/155 RAFL 210.5/204.5/198.5

    melnic wrote:
    > MaizeHi,
    >
    > I was doing WW about two years ago. Lost about 10 kilo's, then moved house, got married and gained
    > it all back again plus another 5!! Ouch. Anyway, last week I found myself standing on a scale
    > again for the first time in two years and found myself wondering what it would be like to see the
    > scale tip over 100 kilo's (Im 97,6 now). Sooo easy. But I decided I'd beter leave that as a "not
    > in this lifetime" experience and picked up the ww rroutine again. Lost 1 kilo in that week, then
    > this week I think I blasted that al away again with a pizza (thought I ate 14 points and it
    > actually was nearwer to
    > 30) the next day I ate KFC then my husbands b-day so I ate lots of chips and the scrumptious
    > chocolate cake I'm famous for with all my friends!! Boohoo. Just ate another piece too.
    > Terrible, terrible. I will start again tomorrow. This time for real. Maybe I'll pop in once in
    > a while. Because of evening courses and a fulltime job I can't go to the meetings. So maybe I
    > can come an growl or hurray here once in a while?
    >
    > ........later: I walked off for a second to check my weight. I am now closer to the 100 than I've
    > ever been thanks to the kfc, pizza, chocolate cake excursion: 98,4 kilo's!!!!!!!! 1,69 meters
    > height. This is a now real problem. The heaviest I've been in my entire life.
    >
    > Melanie

  6. Hi Melanie. Welcome aboard. Wish you luck in your endevour to get the weight off. Elaine K

    melnic wrote:

    >MaizeHi,
    >
    >I was doing WW about two years ago. Lost about 10 kilo's, then moved house, got married and gained
    >it all back again plus another 5!! Ouch. Anyway, last week I found myself standing on a scale again
    >for the first time in two years and found myself wondering what it would be like to see the scale
    >tip over 100 kilo's (Im 97,6 now). Sooo easy. But I decided I'd beter leave that as a "not in this
    >lifetime" experience and picked up the ww rroutine again. Lost 1 kilo in that week, then this week
    >I think I blasted that al away again with a pizza (thought I ate 14 points and it actually was
    >nearwer to
    >30) the next day I ate KFC then my husbands b-day so I ate lots of chips and the scrumptious
    > chocolate cake I'm famous for with all my friends!! Boohoo. Just ate another piece too.
    > Terrible, terrible. I will start again tomorrow. This time for real. Maybe I'll pop in once in
    > a while. Because of evening courses and a fulltime job I can't go to the meetings. So maybe I
    > can come an growl or hurray here once in a while?
    >
    >........later: I walked off for a second to check my weight. I am now closer to the 100 than I've
    >ever been thanks to the kfc, pizza, chocolate cake excursion: 98,4 kilo's!!!!!!!! 1,69 meters
    >height. This is a now real problem. The heaviest I've been in my entire life.
    >
    >Melanie

  7. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    -piggybacking here, I didn't get the original post-

    Hi Melanie and welcome from a neighbour! I see you post from The Netherlands, and I 'm in Antwerp-
    Belgium. This is truly a great place to come to!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/102.9/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.103/212 lbs "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hey Melanie, this place is a Great meeting place. Hang in there..
    >
    > "melnic" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > 1...
    > > MaizeHi,
    > >
    > > I was doing WW about two years ago. Lost about 10 kilo's, then moved
    > house,
    > > got married and gained it all back again plus another 5!! Ouch. Anyway, last week I found myself
    > > standing on a scale again for the first time in two years and found myself wondering what it
    > > would be like to
    see
    > > the scale tip over 100 kilo's (Im 97,6 now). Sooo easy. But I decided
    I'd
    > > beter leave that as a "not in this lifetime" experience and picked up
    the
    > ww
    > > rroutine again. Lost 1 kilo in that week, then this week I think I blasted that al away again
    > > with a pizza (thought I ate 14 points and it actually was nearwer
    > > 30) the next day I ate KFC then my husbands b-day so I ate lots of chips
    > and
    > > the scrumptious chocolate cake I'm famous for with all my friends!!
    > Boohoo.
    > > Just ate another piece too. Terrible, terrible. I will start again tomorrow. This time for real.
    > > Maybe I'll pop in once in a while. Because of evening courses and a
    > fulltime
    > > job I can't go to the meetings. So maybe I can come an growl or hurray
    > here
    > > once in a while?
    > >
    > > ........later: I walked off for a second to check my weight. I am now closer to the
    100
    > > than I've ever been thanks to the kfc, pizza, chocolate cake excursion: 98,4 kilo's!!!!!!!! 1,69
    > > meters height. This is a now real problem. The heaviest I've been in my entire life.
    > >
    > > Melanie

  8. sixty is definitely worth celebrating, Lee
    Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > melnic wrote:
    > >
    > > MaizeHi,
    > >
    > > I was doing WW about two years ago. Lost about 10 kilo's, then moved
    house,
    > > got married and gained it all back again plus another 5!! Ouch. Anyway, last week I found myself
    > > standing on a scale again for the first time in two years and found myself wondering what it
    > > would be like to
    see
    > > the scale tip over 100 kilo's (Im 97,6 now). Sooo easy. But I decided
    I'd
    > > beter leave that as a "not in this lifetime" experience and picked up
    the ww
    > > rroutine again. Lost 1 kilo in that week, then this week I think I blasted that al away again
    > > with a pizza (thought I ate 14 points and it actually was nearwer
    > > 30) the next day I ate KFC then my husbands b-day so I ate lots of chips
    and
    > > the scrumptious chocolate cake I'm famous for with all my friends!!
    Boohoo.
    > > Just ate another piece too. Terrible, terrible. I will start again tomorrow. This time for real.
    > > Maybe I'll pop in once in a while. Because of evening courses and a
    fulltime
    > > job I can't go to the meetings. So maybe I can come an growl or hurray
    here
    > > once in a while?
    >
    > That's what we're here for!
    > >
    > > ........later: I walked off for a second to check my weight. I am now closer to the
    100
    > > than I've ever been thanks to the kfc, pizza, chocolate cake excursion: 98,4 kilo's!!!!!!!! 1,69
    > > meters height. This is a now real problem. The heaviest I've been in my entire life.
    > >
    > > Melanie
    >
    > I blew all my spare points at a friend's birthday party today, but what the hell - you're only 60
    > once, and I felt like joining the fun! Back on track tomorrow, and all will be well in the long
    > run, which is what counts!
    > --

    > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    > Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  9. Bird

    Bird Guest

    I felt like that recently when I realized I had hit my delivery weight of my
    first born of 192#. That was a shocker but what was worse was when I went
    to rejoin WW their scale said 200#. I was devistated but thought what did I
    think was going to happen if I never heeded the numbers on the scale as a
    warning. Get on the stick and you will be in the grove of losing soon.
    Bird
    need to lose 50#
    "melnic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > MaizeHi,
    >
    > I was doing WW about two years ago. Lost about 10 kilo's, then moved
    house,
    > got married and gained it all back again plus another 5!! Ouch. Anyway, last week I found myself
    > standing on a scale again for the first time in two years and found myself wondering what it would
    > be like to see the scale tip over 100 kilo's (Im 97,6 now). Sooo easy. But I decided I'd beter
    > leave that as a "not in this lifetime" experience and picked up the
    ww
    > rroutine again. Lost 1 kilo in that week, then this week I think I blasted that al away again with
    > a pizza (thought I ate 14 points and it actually was nearwer to
    > 30) the next day I ate KFC then my husbands b-day so I ate lots of chips
    and
    > the scrumptious chocolate cake I'm famous for with all my friends!!
    Boohoo.
    > Just ate another piece too. Terrible, terrible. I will start again tomorrow. This time for real.
    > Maybe I'll pop in once in a while. Because of evening courses and a
    fulltime
    > job I can't go to the meetings. So maybe I can come an growl or hurray
    here
    > once in a while?
    >
    > ........later: I walked off for a second to check my weight. I am now closer to the 100 than I've
    > ever been thanks to the kfc, pizza, chocolate cake excursion: 98,4 kilo's!!!!!!!! 1,69 meters
    > height. This is a now real problem. The heaviest I've been in my entire life.
    >
    > Melanie

  10. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    >Maybe I'll pop in once in a while. Because of evening courses and a fulltime job I can't go to the
    >meetings. So maybe I can come an growl or hurray here once in a while?
    >
    >........later: I walked off for a second to check my weight. I am now closer to the 100 than I've
    >ever been thanks to the kfc, pizza, chocolate cake excursion: 98,4 kilo's!!!!!!!! 1,69 meters
    >height. This is a now real problem. The heaviest I've been in my entire life.

    You have a real incentive now. You have to decide never to get to 100Kg. You have lost weight before
    on WW so you know it's possible and you know YOU can do it. All you have to do is start. You've made
    that decision now so report in lots and join in the fun

    ray
    --
    rmnsuk overall - 273/206/182

  11. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    Hi Melanie! I didn't see the original, so I'm tacking on here. Here's the welcome notice
    just for you.

    Welcome to this great newsgroup where you'll receive lots of support, advice, and encouragement.
    Once a week on Sundays, I post a list of links that newcomers to asdww might find useful. You may
    want to look for that later in the week, or do a backwards search for last Sunday's post.

    In the meantime, here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ our welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    Frequently seen acronyms on this NG: NSV = Non-Scale Victory WOE = Way of Eating WOL = Way of Life
    (Living) OP = on Points or On Program DH = Dear or Darling Husband
    DS/DD/DGD/etc = Dear or Darling Son, Daughter, Granddaughter, etc WI = Weigh-in

    Amberle3's Challenges:

    HHH - Happy Healthy Holidays Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/hhh.htm

    NYNY - New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/nyny.htm

    THTP - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm

    RafL - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

    Other acronyms: http://www.wwlissa.com/dwlz100+/100+acronyms.htm

    Here's a short synopsis of the USA program by Joyce -

    How many points you can eat is only based on your current weight, as you lose weight those points
    allowed will decrease (logic is that your body will need less to operate). At 183 pounds and based
    on the new US flexpoints system, you will have a set point target of 24. In addition to this you are
    allowed 35 flexpoints to be used throughout the week ... as well as any activity points you earn on
    a particular day. When your weight drops to 175, your target drops to 22 points ... weight reaches
    150, target once again drop to 20 points. 3 servings of dairy of recommended per day, 5 servings of
    fruit and veggies, minimum of 6 glasses of water.

    To calculate food and activity points, I love this computer desktop calculator ...
    http://www.zythra.com/downloads/points.exe

    The basic plan is easy. Eat at least your minimum daily number of points. Points do not carry over
    from day to day. You are allotted 35 weekly flexpoints to be used at your discretion ... can divide
    them up and use daily (would be an additional 5 points per day) or save them and use them for a
    special occassion during the week. Activity points are earned based when exercising, but can ONLY be
    used on the day they are earned.

    If you can afford $15/month, the online ww program might be a great thing for you to look into.
    There is lots of information available, as well as the food point database and journaling system.

    Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight: 133.3 Lifetime: 4/4/03

    Please note that if you live in onther countries (UK, Australia, NZ, Europe), the Points plans are
    different. The UK and Australia/NZ calculate points based on saturated fat and total kilojoules.
    Most of Europe calculates based on total fat and total kilojoules. The desktop calculator above can
    handle all of these programs.

    Disclaimer: As an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup, asdww is unusual in that most of the people who
    participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and knowledge
    of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up to post
    advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this are
    just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of the regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience
    as a suggestion to try if you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what
    works for him/herself. If someone posts something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the
    newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health professional.

    Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice: