Newbie with a question- can anyone help?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by pinkprincess1uk, Feb 10, 2005.

1. pinkprincess1uk

pinkprincess1uk New Member

Hi ppl,
    I don't know if this is the right place to post this pls don't shout!:rolleyes:
    I'm a student dietitian at Leeds Metropolitan University in the UK. Very very interested in sports nutrition, doing my dissertation on cycling and carbohydrate ingestion. Anyway, my question is about a piece of work I need to do for my sports nutrition component of the course. I need to complete a case study on an elite athlete and would love a cyclist as my subject. Can anyone help me with this. They would need to be elite level and serious enough about nutrition to complete a diet diary for a week. It would then get analysed and personalised dietary advice would be provided- for Free!- seems like a bargin to me. Pls help me someone!:)

Tags:

2. insung

insung New Member

A couple questions for you:
    1. Can the info be sent email, so that a person in the US can participate?
    2. How long is the study?

Thanks.

3. pinkprincess1uk

Hi thanks for replying.
    Its not a study as such- its literally a case study. I would look at the diet and discuss with the athlete what their goals are in terms of diet and performance etc. The athlete would keep a food diary for a week. I would then look at the diary and analyse it using a computer programme. The information would then be fed back to the athlete in the form of a professional report. Most of it could be done by e-mail but definately some would need to be done in person or over the phone because there's just no way I could get all the info through questions on an e-mail I don't think. It would depend on the calibar of athlete I guess- because if it was Lance Armstrong I would not turn that down-if you catch my drift!
    Hope this helps:)

4. insung

insung New Member

I'd like to participate in your case study, but I'm in California which may analysis in person impossible. But let me know if a long distance study is possible.

5. pinkprincess1uk

Hi there, if you could pm me your details- training level etc. I will have a look. I will find out some more info on whether or not it would be plausible for me to do this long distance. If anyone else is interested pls pm me!