Newbie

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Heather And Joe, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Hi..

    After much lurking and debating whether to delurk, I've decided to come out of hiding.

    My name's Heather and I'm in GA. I'm a SAHM to Joey, 7, Mads, almost 3 and Lauren, 4 months.

    Right now, I'm sitting with a 34.8 loss, having gained a lb from last week. I'm 4.6 lbs from my high
    end of my range (116-145, I'm 5'4) and have hit that frustration point. I really worked the program
    this week and to no avail.

    I've been doing WW (for the second time) since 8/30/03, having started when DD was 11 days old. Last
    time, I got down to 142-ish and then put it all back on.

    So here I am. :)

    Heather SW 184.4/CW 149.6/WWG 145/PG 130 Personal Exercise Challenge Week 1- 465/450

    Tags:

  2. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Heather and Joe wrote:

    > Hi..
    >
    > After much lurking and debating whether to delurk, I've decided to come out of hiding.
    >
    > My name's Heather and I'm in GA. I'm a SAHM to Joey, 7, Mads, almost 3 and Lauren, 4 months.
    >
    > Right now, I'm sitting with a 34.8 loss, having gained a lb from last week. I'm 4.6 lbs from my
    > high end of my range (116-145, I'm 5'4) and have hit that frustration point. I really worked the
    > program this week and to no avail.
    >
    > I've been doing WW (for the second time) since 8/30/03, having started when DD was 11 days old.
    > Last time, I got down to 142-ish and then put it all back on.
    >

    > So here I am. :)

    Welcome to your second home!

    Looks like you have lost a little more than me, and are aiming for the same place... If you've hit a
    plateau, just hang in there! I hit a 6 week one in the autumn, but have done OK since. I put a pound
    on over New Year, but am determined to be back on the downward spiral by next week!

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  3. Fred

    Fred Guest

    The suggestions are to shake up the food mix, try getting some additional exercise or activity in
    addition to chasing the little ones, drink more water. Make sure you really record and measure
    all intake.

    Welcome and good luck.

    On 10 Jan 2004 17:08:15 GMT, [email protected] (Heather and Joe) wrote:

    >Hi..
    >
    >After much lurking and debating whether to delurk, I've decided to come out of hiding.
    >
    >My name's Heather and I'm in GA. I'm a SAHM to Joey, 7, Mads, almost 3 and Lauren, 4 months.
    >
    >Right now, I'm sitting with a 34.8 loss, having gained a lb from last week. I'm 4.6 lbs from my
    >high end of my range (116-145, I'm 5'4) and have hit that frustration point. I really worked the
    >program this week and to no avail.
    >
    >I've been doing WW (for the second time) since 8/30/03, having started when DD was 11 days old.
    >Last time, I got down to 142-ish and then put it all back on.
    >

    >So here I am. :)
    >
    >Heather SW 184.4/CW 149.6/WWG 145/PG 130 Personal Exercise Challenge Week 1- 465/450

  4. Hi Heather! Just wanted to welcome you aboard this great newsgroup and to wish you luck in reaching
    your goal. Elaine K

    Heather and Joe wrote:

    >Hi..
    >
    >After much lurking and debating whether to delurk, I've decided to come out of hiding.
    >
    >My name's Heather and I'm in GA. I'm a SAHM to Joey, 7, Mads, almost 3 and Lauren, 4 months.
    >
    >Right now, I'm sitting with a 34.8 loss, having gained a lb from last week. I'm 4.6 lbs from my
    >high end of my range (116-145, I'm 5'4) and have hit that frustration point. I really worked the
    >program this week and to no avail.
    >
    >I've been doing WW (for the second time) since 8/30/03, having started when DD was 11 days old.
    >Last time, I got down to 142-ish and then put it all back on.
    >

    >So here I am. :)
    >
    >Heather SW 184.4/CW 149.6/WWG 145/PG 130 Personal Exercise Challenge Week 1- 465/450

  5. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Hi and welcome, Heather! I hope you enjoy it here... congrats on your loss
    so far... you'll get to goal.. :)

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/242.2/172

    "Heather and Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    m14.aol.com...
    > Hi..
    >
    > After much lurking and debating whether to delurk, I've decided to come
    out of
    > hiding.
    >
    > My name's Heather and I'm in GA. I'm a SAHM to Joey, 7, Mads, almost 3
    and
    > Lauren, 4 months.
    >
    > Right now, I'm sitting with a 34.8 loss, having gained a lb from last
    week.
    > I'm 4.6 lbs from my high end of my range (116-145, I'm 5'4) and have hit
    that
    > frustration point. I really worked the program this week and to no avail.
    >
    > I've been doing WW (for the second time) since 8/30/03, having started
    when DD
    > was 11 days old. Last time, I got down to 142-ish and then put it all
    back on.

    > So here I am. :)
    >
    > Heather SW 184.4/CW 149.6/WWG 145/PG 130 Personal Exercise Challenge Week 1- 465/450

  6. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Welcome Heather! Wow, you ' ve already had brilliant results, congrats!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.105/212 lbs "Heather and Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    m14.aol.com...
    > Hi..
    >
    > After much lurking and debating whether to delurk, I've decided to come
    out of
    > hiding.
    >
    > My name's Heather and I'm in GA. I'm a SAHM to Joey, 7, Mads, almost 3
    and
    > Lauren, 4 months.
    >
    > Right now, I'm sitting with a 34.8 loss, having gained a lb from last
    week.
    > I'm 4.6 lbs from my high end of my range (116-145, I'm 5'4) and have hit
    that
    > frustration point. I really worked the program this week and to no avail.
    >
    > I've been doing WW (for the second time) since 8/30/03, having started
    when DD
    > was 11 days old. Last time, I got down to 142-ish and then put it all
    back on.

    > So here I am. :)
    >
    > Heather SW 184.4/CW 149.6/WWG 145/PG 130 Personal Exercise Challenge Week 1- 465/450

  7. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    wrote:

    >Hi..
    >
    >After much lurking and debating whether to delurk, I've decided to come out of hiding.
    >
    >My name's Heather and I'm in GA. I'm a SAHM to Joey, 7, Mads, almost 3 and Lauren, 4 months.
    >
    >Right now, I'm sitting with a 34.8 loss, having gained a lb from last week. I'm 4.6 lbs from my
    >high end of my range (116-145, I'm 5'4) and have hit that frustration point. I really worked the
    >program this week and to no avail.
    >
    >I've been doing WW (for the second time) since 8/30/03, having started when DD was 11 days old.
    >Last time, I got down to 142-ish and then put it all back on.

    Don't worry too much about a plateau. Stick with it and you will get through it. Make sure you are
    drinking enough fluids, and measure your points. Some pounds are harder than others to lose, but
    they all go eventually if you stick with it.

    Good luck

    RAy
    --
    rmnsuk overall - 273/209/182

  8. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    Welcome Heather. You're an AFer aren't you? I recognise the name...
    Anyway, I'm the official welcomer over here, so here's the welcomer just for
    you:

    Welcome to this great newsgroup where you'll receive lots of support, advice, and encouragement.
    Once a week on Sundays, I post a list of links that newcomers to asdww might find useful. You may
    want to look for that later in the week, or do a backwards search for last Sunday's post.

    In the meantime, here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ our welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    Frequently seen acronyms on this NG: NSV = Non-Scale Victory WOE = Way of Eating WOL = Way of Life
    (Living) OP = on Points or On Program DH = Dear or Darling Husband
    DS/DD/DGD/etc = Dear or Darling Son, Daughter, Granddaughter, etc WI = Weigh-in

    Amberle3's Challenges:

    HHH - Happy Healthy Holidays Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/hhh.htm

    NYNY - New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/nyny.htm

    THTP - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm

    RafL - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

    Other acronyms: http://www.wwlissa.com/dwlz100+/100+acronyms.htm

    Here's a short synopsis of the USA program by Joyce -

    How many points you can eat is only based on your current weight, as you lose weight those points
    allowed will decrease (logic is that your body will need less to operate). At 183 pounds and based
    on the new US flexpoints system, you will have a set point target of 24. In addition to this you are
    allowed 35 flexpoints to be used throughout the week ... as well as any activity points you earn on
    a particular day. When your weight drops to 175, your target drops to 22 points ... weight reaches
    150, target once again drop to 20 points. 3 servings of dairy of recommended per day, 5 servings of
    fruit and veggies, minimum of 6 glasses of water.

    To calculate food and activity points, I love this computer desktop calculator ...
    http://www.zythra.com/downloads/points.exe

    The basic plan is easy. Eat at least your minimum daily number of points. Points do not carry over
    from day to day. You are allotted 35 weekly flexpoints to be used at your discretion ... can divide
    them up and use daily (would be an additional 5 points per day) or save them and use them for a
    special occassion during the week. Activity points are earned based when exercising, but can ONLY be
    used on the day they are earned.

    If you can afford $15/month, the online ww program might be a great thing for you to look into.
    There is lots of information available, as well as the food point database and journaling system.

    Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight: 133.3 Lifetime: 4/4/03

    Please note that if you live in onther countries (UK, Australia, NZ, Europe), the Points plans are
    different. The UK and Australia/NZ calculate points based on saturated fat and total kilojoules.
    Most of Europe calculates based on total fat and total kilojoules. The desktop calculator above can
    handle all of these programs.

    Disclaimer: As an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup, asdww is unusual in that most of the people who
    participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and knowledge
    of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up to post
    advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this are
    just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of the regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience
    as a suggestion to try if you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what
    works for him/herself. If someone posts something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the
    newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health professional.

    Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.7/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html "Heather and Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi..
    >
    > After much lurking and debating whether to delurk, I've decided to come
    out of
    > hiding.
    >
    > My name's Heather and I'm in GA. I'm a SAHM to Joey, 7, Mads, almost 3
    and
    > Lauren, 4 months.
    >
    > Right now, I'm sitting with a 34.8 loss, having gained a lb from last
    week.
    > I'm 4.6 lbs from my high end of my range (116-145, I'm 5'4) and have hit
    that
    > frustration point. I really worked the program this week and to no avail.
    >
    > I've been doing WW (for the second time) since 8/30/03, having started
    when DD
    > was 11 days old. Last time, I got down to 142-ish and then put it all
    back on.

    > So here I am. :)
    >
    > Heather SW 184.4/CW 149.6/WWG 145/PG 130 Personal Exercise Challenge Week 1- 465/450

  9. Limeyno1

    Limeyno1 Guest

    Welcome to the group Heather! You are so close, just hang in there!

    --
    Helen

    Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object
    of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him

    <>< ><> www.peagramfamily.com http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

    [email protected]

    225/190/145

    "Heather and Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    m14.aol.com...
    > Hi..
    >
    > After much lurking and debating whether to delurk, I've decided to come
    out of
    > hiding.
    >
    > My name's Heather and I'm in GA. I'm a SAHM to Joey, 7, Mads, almost 3
    and
    > Lauren, 4 months.
    >
    > Right now, I'm sitting with a 34.8 loss, having gained a lb from last
    week.
    > I'm 4.6 lbs from my high end of my range (116-145, I'm 5'4) and have hit
    that
    > frustration point. I really worked the program this week and to no avail.
    >
    > I've been doing WW (for the second time) since 8/30/03, having started
    when DD
    > was 11 days old. Last time, I got down to 142-ish and then put it all
    back on.

    > So here I am. :)
    >
    > Heather SW 184.4/CW 149.6/WWG 145/PG 130 Personal Exercise Challenge Week 1- 465/450

  10. welcome to this great group, I am sorry you are struggling, I hope it gets
    easier for you soon, Lee
    Heather and Joe <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi..
    >
    > After much lurking and debating whether to delurk, I've decided to come
    out of
    > hiding.
    >
    > My name's Heather and I'm in GA. I'm a SAHM to Joey, 7, Mads, almost 3
    and
    > Lauren, 4 months.
    >
    > Right now, I'm sitting with a 34.8 loss, having gained a lb from last
    week.
    > I'm 4.6 lbs from my high end of my range (116-145, I'm 5'4) and have hit
    that
    > frustration point. I really worked the program this week and to no avail.
    >
    > I've been doing WW (for the second time) since 8/30/03, having started
    when DD
    > was 11 days old. Last time, I got down to 142-ish and then put it all
    back on.

    > So here I am. :)
    >
    > Heather SW 184.4/CW 149.6/WWG 145/PG 130 Personal Exercise Challenge Week 1- 465/450

  11. Krys

    Krys Guest

    Hi Heather - and welcome :) I'm in the UK, and I'm a SAHM to a 5 year old
    and 3 year old :)

    --
    krys

    UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but
    making progress.

    "Heather and Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    m14.aol.com...
    > Hi..
    >
    > After much lurking and debating whether to delurk, I've decided to come
    out of
    > hiding.
    >
    > My name's Heather and I'm in GA. I'm a SAHM to Joey, 7, Mads, almost 3
    and
    > Lauren, 4 months.
    >
    > Right now, I'm sitting with a 34.8 loss, having gained a lb from last
    week.
    > I'm 4.6 lbs from my high end of my range (116-145, I'm 5'4) and have hit
    that
    > frustration point. I really worked the program this week and to no avail.
    >
    > I've been doing WW (for the second time) since 8/30/03, having started
    when DD
    > was 11 days old. Last time, I got down to 142-ish and then put it all
    back on.

    > So here I am. :)
    >
    > Heather SW 184.4/CW 149.6/WWG 145/PG 130 Personal Exercise Challenge Week 1- 465/450

  12. >Welcome Heather. You're an AFer aren't you? I recognise the name...

    I am indeed. :)

    Thanks alot for the info. I've looked over it once prior to posting and will definitely go over it
    many times over.

    Thanks for the welcome. Right now I'm in a plateau pattern and am just hoping to work myself
    out of it.

    Take care-

    Heather SW 184.4/CW 149.6/WWG 145/PG 130 Personal Exercise Challenge Week 2- 30/450

  13. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    "Heather and Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >Welcome Heather. You're an AFer aren't you? I recognise the name...
    >
    > I am indeed. :)

    This is a much calmer place than over there - no psycho trolls for one :)

    > Thanks alot for the info. I've looked over it once prior to posting and
    will
    > definitely go over it many times over.

    I really should go through it all again and make sure everything works. There's a lot of good
    stuff in there.

    > Thanks for the welcome. Right now I'm in a plateau pattern and am just
    hoping
    > to work myself out of it.

    Plateauing sucks. Many people here have been through it, and have come out the other side. I'm sure
    we'll have many good tips for you.

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

  14. Chris

    Chris Guest

    LOVE your tag on the end of your post(s); God Bless you too!! -chris