Newbie

Heather And Joe

Guest
Hi..

After much lurking and debating whether to delurk, I've decided to come out of hiding.

My name's Heather and I'm in GA. I'm a SAHM to Joey, 7, Mads, almost 3 and Lauren, 4 months.

Right now, I'm sitting with a 34.8 loss, having gained a lb from last week. I'm 4.6 lbs from my high
end of my range (116-145, I'm 5'4) and have hit that frustration point. I really worked the program
this week and to no avail.

I've been doing WW (for the second time) since 8/30/03, having started when DD was 11 days old. Last
time, I got down to 142-ish and then put it all back on.

So here I am. :)

Heather SW 184.4/CW 149.6/WWG 145/PG 130 Personal Exercise Challenge Week 1- 465/450

Heather and Joe wrote:

> Hi..
>
> After much lurking and debating whether to delurk, I've decided to come out of hiding.
>
> My name's Heather and I'm in GA. I'm a SAHM to Joey, 7, Mads, almost 3 and Lauren, 4 months.
>
> Right now, I'm sitting with a 34.8 loss, having gained a lb from last week. I'm 4.6 lbs from my
> high end of my range (116-145, I'm 5'4) and have hit that frustration point. I really worked the
> program this week and to no avail.
>
> I've been doing WW (for the second time) since 8/30/03, having started when DD was 11 days old.
> Last time, I got down to 142-ish and then put it all back on.
>

> So here I am. :)

Welcome to your second home!

Looks like you have lost a little more than me, and are aiming for the same place... If you've hit a
plateau, just hang in there! I hit a 6 week one in the autumn, but have done OK since. I put a pound
on over New Year, but am determined to be back on the downward spiral by next week!

Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

The suggestions are to shake up the food mix, try getting some additional exercise or activity in
addition to chasing the little ones, drink more water. Make sure you really record and measure
all intake.

Welcome and good luck.

On 10 Jan 2004 17:08:15 GMT, [email protected] (Heather and Joe) wrote:

>Hi..
>
>After much lurking and debating whether to delurk, I've decided to come out of hiding.
>
>My name's Heather and I'm in GA. I'm a SAHM to Joey, 7, Mads, almost 3 and Lauren, 4 months.
>
>Right now, I'm sitting with a 34.8 loss, having gained a lb from last week. I'm 4.6 lbs from my
>high end of my range (116-145, I'm 5'4) and have hit that frustration point. I really worked the
>program this week and to no avail.
>
>I've been doing WW (for the second time) since 8/30/03, having started when DD was 11 days old.
>Last time, I got down to 142-ish and then put it all back on.
>

>So here I am. :)
>
>Heather SW 184.4/CW 149.6/WWG 145/PG 130 Personal Exercise Challenge Week 1- 465/450

Hi Heather! Just wanted to welcome you aboard this great newsgroup and to wish you luck in reaching
your goal. Elaine K

Heather and Joe wrote:

>Hi..
>
>After much lurking and debating whether to delurk, I've decided to come out of hiding.
>
>My name's Heather and I'm in GA. I'm a SAHM to Joey, 7, Mads, almost 3 and Lauren, 4 months.
>
>Right now, I'm sitting with a 34.8 loss, having gained a lb from last week. I'm 4.6 lbs from my
>high end of my range (116-145, I'm 5'4) and have hit that frustration point. I really worked the
>program this week and to no avail.
>
>I've been doing WW (for the second time) since 8/30/03, having started when DD was 11 days old.
>Last time, I got down to 142-ish and then put it all back on.
>

>So here I am. :)
>
>Heather SW 184.4/CW 149.6/WWG 145/PG 130 Personal Exercise Challenge Week 1- 465/450

Hi and welcome, Heather! I hope you enjoy it here... congrats on your loss
so far... you'll get to goal.. :)

--

~Kristin O~
272/242.2/172

"Heather and Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040110120815.14309.00002625@mb-
m14.aol.com...
> Hi..
>
> After much lurking and debating whether to delurk, I've decided to come
out of
> hiding.
>
> My name's Heather and I'm in GA. I'm a SAHM to Joey, 7, Mads, almost 3
and
> Lauren, 4 months.
>
> Right now, I'm sitting with a 34.8 loss, having gained a lb from last
week.
> I'm 4.6 lbs from my high end of my range (116-145, I'm 5'4) and have hit
that
> frustration point. I really worked the program this week and to no avail.
>
> I've been doing WW (for the second time) since 8/30/03, having started
when DD
> was 11 days old. Last time, I got down to 142-ish and then put it all
back on.

> So here I am. :)
>
> Heather SW 184.4/CW 149.6/WWG 145/PG 130 Personal Exercise Challenge Week 1- 465/450

Welcome Heather! Wow, you ' ve already had brilliant results, congrats!
--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
m14.aol.com...

wrote:

>Hi..
>
>After much lurking and debating whether to delurk, I've decided to come out of hiding.
>
>My name's Heather and I'm in GA. I'm a SAHM to Joey, 7, Mads, almost 3 and Lauren, 4 months.
>
>Right now, I'm sitting with a 34.8 loss, having gained a lb from last week. I'm 4.6 lbs from my
>high end of my range (116-145, I'm 5'4) and have hit that frustration point. I really worked the
>program this week and to no avail.
>
>I've been doing WW (for the second time) since 8/30/03, having started when DD was 11 days old.
>Last time, I got down to 142-ish and then put it all back on.

Don't worry too much about a plateau. Stick with it and you will get through it. Make sure you are
drinking enough fluids, and measure your points. Some pounds are harder than others to lose, but
they all go eventually if you stick with it.

Good luck

RAy
--
rmnsuk overall - 273/209/182

Welcome Heather. You're an AFer aren't you? I recognise the name...
Anyway, I'm the official welcomer over here, so here's the welcomer just for
you:

Welcome to this great newsgroup where you'll receive lots of support, advice, and encouragement.
Once a week on Sundays, I post a list of links that newcomers to asdww might find useful. You may
want to look for that later in the week, or do a backwards search for last Sunday's post.

In the meantime, here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ our welcome notice:
http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

Frequently seen acronyms on this NG: NSV = Non-Scale Victory WOE = Way of Eating WOL = Way of Life
(Living) OP = on Points or On Program DH = Dear or Darling Husband
DS/DD/DGD/etc = Dear or Darling Son, Daughter, Granddaughter, etc WI = Weigh-in

Amberle3's Challenges:

HHH - Happy Healthy Holidays Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/hhh.htm

NYNY - New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/nyny.htm

THTP - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm

RafL - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

Other acronyms: http://www.wwlissa.com/dwlz100+/100+acronyms.htm

Here's a short synopsis of the USA program by Joyce -

How many points you can eat is only based on your current weight, as you lose weight those points
allowed will decrease (logic is that your body will need less to operate). At 183 pounds and based
on the new US flexpoints system, you will have a set point target of 24. In addition to this you are
allowed 35 flexpoints to be used throughout the week ... as well as any activity points you earn on
a particular day. When your weight drops to 175, your target drops to 22 points ... weight reaches
150, target once again drop to 20 points. 3 servings of dairy of recommended per day, 5 servings of
fruit and veggies, minimum of 6 glasses of water.

To calculate food and activity points, I love this computer desktop calculator ...
http://www.zythra.com/downloads/points.exe

The basic plan is easy. Eat at least your minimum daily number of points. Points do not carry over
from day to day. You are allotted 35 weekly flexpoints to be used at your discretion ... can divide
them up and use daily (would be an additional 5 points per day) or save them and use them for a
special occassion during the week. Activity points are earned based when exercising, but can ONLY be
used on the day they are earned.

If you can afford $15/month, the online ww program might be a great thing for you to look into.
There is lots of information available, as well as the food point database and journaling system.

Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight: 133.3 Lifetime: 4/4/03

Please note that if you live in onther countries (UK, Australia, NZ, Europe), the Points plans are
different. The UK and Australia/NZ calculate points based on saturated fat and total kilojoules.
Most of Europe calculates based on total fat and total kilojoules. The desktop calculator above can
handle all of these programs.

Disclaimer: As an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup, asdww is unusual in that most of the people who
participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and knowledge
of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up to post
advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this are
just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of the regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience
as a suggestion to try if you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what
works for him/herself. If someone posts something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the
newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health professional.

Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

--
Julie.
93.5/72.7/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html "Heather and Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Hi..
>
> After much lurking and debating whether to delurk, I've decided to come
out of
> hiding.
>
> My name's Heather and I'm in GA. I'm a SAHM to Joey, 7, Mads, almost 3
and
> Lauren, 4 months.
>
> Right now, I'm sitting with a 34.8 loss, having gained a lb from last
week.
> I'm 4.6 lbs from my high end of my range (116-145, I'm 5'4) and have hit
that
> frustration point. I really worked the program this week and to no avail.
>
> I've been doing WW (for the second time) since 8/30/03, having started
when DD
> was 11 days old. Last time, I got down to 142-ish and then put it all
back on.

> So here I am. :)
>
> Heather SW 184.4/CW 149.6/WWG 145/PG 130 Personal Exercise Challenge Week 1- 465/450

Welcome to the group Heather! You are so close, just hang in there!

--
Helen

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object
of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him

<>< ><> www.peagramfamily.com http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

[email protected]

225/190/145

"Heather and Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040110120815.14309.00002625@mb-
m14.aol.com...
> Hi..
>
> After much lurking and debating whether to delurk, I've decided to come
out of
> hiding.
>
> My name's Heather and I'm in GA. I'm a SAHM to Joey, 7, Mads, almost 3
and
> Lauren, 4 months.
>
> Right now, I'm sitting with a 34.8 loss, having gained a lb from last
week.
> I'm 4.6 lbs from my high end of my range (116-145, I'm 5'4) and have hit
that
> frustration point. I really worked the program this week and to no avail.
>
> I've been doing WW (for the second time) since 8/30/03, having started
when DD
> was 11 days old. Last time, I got down to 142-ish and then put it all
back on.

> So here I am. :)
>
> Heather SW 184.4/CW 149.6/WWG 145/PG 130 Personal Exercise Challenge Week 1- 465/450

welcome to this great group, I am sorry you are struggling, I hope it gets
easier for you soon, Lee
Heather and Joe <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi..
>
> After much lurking and debating whether to delurk, I've decided to come
out of
> hiding.
>
> My name's Heather and I'm in GA. I'm a SAHM to Joey, 7, Mads, almost 3
and
> Lauren, 4 months.
>
> Right now, I'm sitting with a 34.8 loss, having gained a lb from last
week.
> I'm 4.6 lbs from my high end of my range (116-145, I'm 5'4) and have hit
that
> frustration point. I really worked the program this week and to no avail.
>
> I've been doing WW (for the second time) since 8/30/03, having started
when DD
> was 11 days old. Last time, I got down to 142-ish and then put it all
back on.

> So here I am. :)
>
> Heather SW 184.4/CW 149.6/WWG 145/PG 130 Personal Exercise Challenge Week 1- 465/450

Hi Heather - and welcome :) I'm in the UK, and I'm a SAHM to a 5 year old
and 3 year old :)

--
krys

UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but
making progress.

"Heather and Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040110120815.14309.00002625@mb-
m14.aol.com...
> Hi..
>
> After much lurking and debating whether to delurk, I've decided to come
out of
> hiding.
>
> My name's Heather and I'm in GA. I'm a SAHM to Joey, 7, Mads, almost 3
and
> Lauren, 4 months.
>
> Right now, I'm sitting with a 34.8 loss, having gained a lb from last
week.
> I'm 4.6 lbs from my high end of my range (116-145, I'm 5'4) and have hit
that
> frustration point. I really worked the program this week and to no avail.
>
> I've been doing WW (for the second time) since 8/30/03, having started
when DD
> was 11 days old. Last time, I got down to 142-ish and then put it all
back on.

> So here I am. :)
>
> Heather SW 184.4/CW 149.6/WWG 145/PG 130 Personal Exercise Challenge Week 1- 465/450

>Welcome Heather. You're an AFer aren't you? I recognise the name...

I am indeed. :)

Thanks alot for the info. I've looked over it once prior to posting and will definitely go over it
many times over.

Thanks for the welcome. Right now I'm in a plateau pattern and am just hoping to work myself
out of it.

Take care-

Heather SW 184.4/CW 149.6/WWG 145/PG 130 Personal Exercise Challenge Week 2- 30/450

"Heather and Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >Welcome Heather. You're an AFer aren't you? I recognise the name...
>
> I am indeed. :)

This is a much calmer place than over there - no psycho trolls for one :)

> Thanks alot for the info. I've looked over it once prior to posting and
will
> definitely go over it many times over.

I really should go through it all again and make sure everything works. There's a lot of good
stuff in there.

> Thanks for the welcome. Right now I'm in a plateau pattern and am just
hoping
> to work myself out of it.

Plateauing sucks. Many people here have been through it, and have come out the other side. I'm sure
we'll have many good tips for you.

--
Julie.
93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

LOVE your tag on the end of your post(s); God Bless you too!! -chris