newbie

Debra D

Guest
Hi everyone, I am a new treadmill runner who switched from
walking. I have been running every other day about 2 miles
with 1 mile of walking. Is it okay to do this two days in a
row? Should I start to increase my distance, and how slowly
should I do this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Debra

Is it Debra doubleDD?

"Debra D" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi everyone, I am a new treadmill runner who switched from
> walking. I have been running every other day about 2 miles
> with 1 mile of walking. Is it okay to do this two days in
> a row? Should I start to increase my distance, and how
> slowly should I do this? Any advice would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks, Debra

in weight lifting there is alto ways/ some as myself use
this as a guild to running. I start up my running on spring
about time 2004again. after a real long injrie lay over. I
do for fun , not a pro.. after a long wait from a hurt in
leg/ no hospital fix. did myself just fine. here is some
things that might help you.

every other day. more for re charge of hurt legs or lactic
acid. 3 day train, 1 day off, 5 day train one day off. Trick
is one would like to trick the mind from body thing. (Not to
get into a regular thing.) so say run sunday, mon, tues, off
wen, thur fri sat sun. mon, off tue, run wen thur fri, off
sat. sunday monday tues wen thur. if miss a day for latic
asid. not to worry just start again. just get out there and
do it. each day do different runs. tempo. start at 5 mpr and
run at 1/2 mile still running go to 5.5 for
1/2 mile then to 6mph for 1/2 mile then to 5.5 mph for 1/2
mile then walk 1 mile. or hills up/or and down. or speed.
run fast 100 yard walk 100 yards. re peats and different
distance. speed is stride length velosity of stide. or
(LSD) long slow distance. try to go far. or cadence/ march
in place. 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 . and so on. so breath right.
thru the nose only. in and out. every time you get a rib
sore. breath out on the side of the sore and see what
happens. or breath out on not the side of the sore rib
sore. when say the lead foot strike the ground. on
jogging......or instead of landing on your heel of your
lead foot and then ball of heel foot. try landing on your
ball of lead foot and then heel . or on hill up shorten
your stride length and land on your lead ball foot under
your straight line of balance body slightly lean forward.
and see what happens. on own lenght the stide just a
little butt beware of the injuries can obtain by hitting
ground too hard for too long. many runners no of alto
injuries and have them alto times. when doing LSD breath
different patterns and always relax, jaw relaxes, neck
relax, shoulders relaxes evan arm swing. nice evan stride.
and now focus on your lead foot fall to ball heel and
lifting back knee up ,more for hills or speed at terain
on. note. on sidewalks I allways run on the sand or
softest ground in area for longer distance from pounding
the legs into greater dstance. in the lsd mode can put on
alto more miles this way and at end of a maraton legs are
alto stronger. and keeping your rear leg foot low to the
ground with out touching the ground. (some like to slap
there glut with there heel on rear leg.) relaxes and
breath every time your lead foot taps soft on the ground.
try to do soft by lifting some on knee of front land. and
breath in thru the nose. 2 , 3 , 4 relaxes. each time
stride nice and evan. and out thru the nose 2 . 3 . 4 ..
on always the same lead foot. or try to change the mind
body think the same so you not fall into a reg routine.
and LSD on a lead foot as 2 , 3, and the other leg land as
a 2 , 3 breath thru the nose. relaxes. Takes time and
practise. To run thru the wilderness on all terrain and
evan insane terrain with a group is to say . uni like any
I have found. when you get and follow at a speed of and
with all or some with a lead runner who know hows to and
can sets a pace of the run or race set miles.. you seem to
run for ever at every thing you hope to do and train fun
runs too.... Per say. you can breath certain paters for
each area of trail. is only a small part to get the razzor
edge of running. I found in this group. good luck.

Tip to newbie: This guy is a P-S-Y-C-H-O

[email protected] (Tom Wheeler) wrote in message news:<14615-405307FD-32@storefull-
3272.bay.webtv.net>...
> [...]
> land. and breath in thru the nose. 2 , 3 , 4 relaxes.
> each time stride nice and evan. and out thru the nose 2
> . 3 . 4 .. on always the same lead foot. or try to
> change the mind body think the same so you not fall into
> a reg routine. and LSD on a lead foot as 2 , 3, and the
> other leg land as a 2 , 3 breath thru the nose. relaxes.
> Takes time and practise. To run thru the wilderness on
> all terrain and evan insane terrain with a group is to
> say . uni like any I have found. when you get and follow
> at a speed of and with all or some with a lead runner
> who know hows to and can sets a pace of the run or race
> set miles.. you seem to run for ever at every thing you
> hope to do and train fun runs too.... Per say. you can
> breath certain paters for each area of trail. is only a
> small part to get the razzor edge of running. I found in

We suggest increasing your distance............from the
keyboard, with these silly questions.

Debra great to have you here .There is good stuff and there
be TROLLs here. post , ask , learn , grow , think , keep ,
throw out , =)) podzilla

gentolm <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Debra great to have you here .There is good stuff and
> there be TROLLs here. post , ask , learn , grow , think ,
> keep , throw out , =))

In the case of dummy here, you throw up, not out.