liveSTRONG

Jun 27, 2004
I'm looking to get into road racing to fill the time when i'm not mountain biking or doing track. I'm tight on cash because of my new mountain bike purchased about two months ago and i'm only 15. Money is obviously an issue. I'm asking for any advice that riders might have to give me on where i can get a nice new or used road bike. I've been doing shopping on ebay but other than that and some worthless tag sales i am out of ideas. I'll take any help i can get

P.S. I'm about 6 foot or 6 foot 1, what size frame am i generally looking for?

Originally posted by liveSTRONG
I'm looking to get into road racing to fill the time when i'm not mountain biking or doing track. I'm tight on cash because of my new mountain bike purchased about two months ago and i'm only 15. Money is obviously an issue. I'm asking for any advice that riders might have to give me on where i can get a nice new or used road bike. I've been doing shopping on ebay but other than that and some worthless tag sales i am out of ideas. I'll take any help i can get

nice name....you got your wristband on? :D

Originally posted by liveSTRONG

I feel ya. I¡¯m a college kid and I bought a used bike off of roadbikereview.com. I highly recommend getting a used bike. However, be patient and wait until you find the right one. It took me about a month to find the bike.

If you would like to purchase through ebay, I recommend buying it during the weekdays, not weekends and during the day not at night. I guess that¡¯s what people do. They just get on ebay at night, especially weekends.

If you don¡¯t know which size you need, go to your local bike shop and ask them. They would help you with that. I¡¯m guessing you need 60cm or higher frame but not sure. I¡¯m 5-11 and I use 58 cm.

Good luck with everything!

sooray02 said:
If you would like to purchase through ebay, I recommend buying it during the weekdays, not weekends and during the day not at night. I guess that¡¯s what people do. They just get on ebay at night, especially weekends.

Good luck with everything!
i purchased a frame from ebay, and the dura ace groupo that i wanted plus mavic cosmic wheels, i was hoping to be out on it on my day off but unfortunately i overlooked the fact that there ain't anything to attache the deraileur to, so after spending nearly a grand on building a bike that suits me and that i like i cant ride because i can't find \ purchase a rear mech hanger for and the manufacturers won't reply to my constant emails. i now have almost a thousand pound bike, that looks great but ain't going any further than the bedroom door. :(

so my advice is if you decide to buy anything that is used or second hand make sure that everything is there and you are able to purchase the things you need for that frame,... eg rear detatchable dropouts if it comes specified like that. don't make my mistake :(

Doooh! at me.

However, if anyone has or knows where i can purchase a rear hanger for a martec carbon fibre composite frame or the Pedalforce Model RA www.pedalforce.com i would be extremly appreciative. :)) or if you are able to make me one, Preapared to pay good money for it, since this is a very expensive bedroom ornament at the moment :(