Newly formed Tange Prestige Frame - Need Advice

f1rchifi

Sep 10, 2004
Would like to get feedback on those who prefer cromoly frames or from those who have experience using this type of frame. I came across a newly assembled Tange Prestige Cromo frame at a frame weight of 3.3 pounds. Would this be a good deal at about $250? I was surprised that it weighed less than other aluminum frames I saw at the shop.

Thanks for any comment.

f1rchifi said:
Would like to get feedback on those who prefer cromoly frames or from those who have experience using this type of frame. I came across a newly assembled Tange Prestige Cromo frame at a frame weight of 3.3 pounds. Would this be a good deal at about $250? I was surprised that it weighed less than other aluminum frames I saw at the shop.

Thanks for any comment.
It's either a REALLY small size, or there is alot of BS in that weight figure.

boudreaux said:
It's either a REALLY small size, or there is alot of BS in that weight figure.
I checked the weight personally in a scale in a nearby store. It registered 1.5 kilograms or about 3.3 lbs. The size is 52cm. I tried and compared it with other Taiwanese brand aluminum frames and it was still slightly lighter and using the same scale. It still is not painted though and you can see the stamp of "Prestige" on the tube.

f1rchifi said:
I checked the weight personally in a scale in a nearby store. It registered 1.5 kilograms or about 3.3 lbs. The size is 52cm. I tried and compared it with other Taiwanese brand aluminum frames and it was still slightly lighter and using the same scale. It still is not painted though and you can see the stamp of "Prestige" on the tube.
You have a rare find there Bub,as a frame like that would typically go 4 pounds or better.

boudreaux said:
You have a rare find there Bub,as a frame like that would typically go 4 pounds or better.
Thanks for the feedback. I plan to purchase it already.