News Flash: Steroid Doctor pleads GUILY!

Saline.feed

Banned
Mar 7, 2007
As rare a doping plea deal as is a doping confession by a Grand Tour Champion (past or present)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17543420/

Victor Mariano, plead GUILTY of prescribing steroids to anyone who e-mailed him from muscle builder magazine advertising.

Nike knows that advertising pays! So too did Victor Mariano.

Turns out that a New York State attorney logged on for some go-fast juice.

Still to be convicted are Pharmacy owner, Daniel McGlone (charged) and lapsed licensed pharmacist, Ana Maria Santi (charges pending).

You know a few of the leaked athlete customer names:
Evander Holyfield (Boxer)
Jose Canseco (MLB-retired)
Gary Matthews (MLB)
John Rocker (MLB-retired)
David Bell (MLB)
Darren Holmes
Jerry Hairston
Kurt Angle
Victor Martinez (Winner of the 2007 Arnorld Schwarzenegger Classic)

Convicted NFL doping doctor James Shortt, MD found here
http://www.casewatch.org/doj/shortt/indictment.shtml
NFL pharmacy clients; Todd Steussie, Todd Stauerbrun, Jeff Mitchell

Balco illegal doping stories here; (Marion Jones, Kelli White, Regina jacobs, Michelle Collins, Tori Edwards, Jason Giambi, Gary Sheffield, Barry Bonds, Dana Stubblefield, Barrett Robbins, Bill Romanowski)
http://www.sfgate.com/balco/

I think he is right on with this one....... The steroid abuse in this country is much larger then what people want to talk about. Steroids can be bought in my neighborhood as easily as pot.......
They are even being used by college athletes at your small NCAA schools. Most of the roids in my area are being brought here from Mexico..... Big business.
They are being used by frat boys, law enforcement, gym rats, and even a few 50 year old men who ride their bikes.

wolfix said:
I think he is right on with this one....... The steroid abuse in this country is much larger then what people want to talk about. Steroids can be bought in my neighborhood as easily as pot.......
They are even being used by college athletes at your small NCAA schools. Most of the roids in my area are being brought here from Mexico..... Big business.
They are being used by frat boys, law enforcement, gym rats, and even a few 50 year old men who ride their bikes.
I agree with you on this, but who told you about the 50 year old men on bikes part? :)

As to the dufus writing prescriptions for 25$ a piece, what a tool. He should have charged a lot more!

Operation Puerto ran its course and achieved some excellent 2006 resuts against for drug cheats and cycling as a Corinthian Concept.

1) It got Jan Ulrich sacked from his high paid job and publicly embarassed him as someone who has much to hide.

2) It embarassed Ivan Basso as an alleged blood doper and Lance Armstrong employee.

3) It exposed Team Phonak as a doping, cheating lying outfit with Jose Gutierez and Santiago Botero as likely blood dopers.

4) It got Bjarne Riis CSC to retool his wacked out squad.

5) It allowed for another drug cheating American to win a TDF. (Roid Floyd Landis)

6) It reminded naive fans that illegal doping is here to stay. At all levels, 24/7.

7) It gave Lance Armstrong some cover to hide behind while selling $300 Nike shoes.