Road Cycling · Public discussion

news from http://www.bikejournal.com

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 1 post · 375 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
26 January 2006
Last activity
26 January 2006
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
375
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Basic membership is free. Advanced features require premium
    membership.

    BREAKING NEWS - New feature - journal filters! submitted
    2006/1/25
    As part of the new bikejournal 2.0 initiative, there is a new, hot of
    the presses, feature lurking in your journal. Have you ever wanted to
    view your dirt rides separate from the road? Found yourself wanting to
    compare data from the same route over time? Want to see how your PR has
    improved on particular time trials? Now you can do all that and more
    using the new journal filters! This is a premier membership feature,
    but I am making it available to all existing members for one month so
    everyone can try it out and see if you like it. Create as many filters
    as you'd like using the link provided in the upper-right hand area of
    your journal. There is also a new link to the area available in the
    JOURNAL menu. Note you can set the date range as wide as you'd like to
    capture multiple years in one view. The monthly totals are not included
    when you apply these filters to your journal, but the final totals at
    the bottom of the journal are correct based on the filter you apply. If
    you find any bugs or have any questions, please let me know.
    Thanks, Slantz

    The Tour available now! submitted 2006/1/24
    Bikejournal member and accomplished author Dave Shields has released
    his new book, "The Tour". The book is not available in stores yet, but
    you can get it (autographed) at Dave's website now! (US$14.95) He is
    also offering free shipping to any USA address. (2 other books
    available)

    http://www.bikejournal.com/hits_shields_banner.asp

    MAJOR site development! submitted 2006/1/23

    Plans are underway for a major upgrade to bikejournal. Development will
    take several months, and new features will be added periodically. The
    premier membership pricing structure has changed as a result.

    I would like to give further explanation of the current state of
    affairs:
    Bikejournal is at a turning point. Because of the popularity, I no
    longer have any time to add new features because maintenance of the
    site takes up my free time (1-2 hours a day minimum) I either have to
    let the site stay in its current state, or try to raise funds so we can
    take the site to the next level. There are so many cool features I want
    to add, that I personally don't want to let the site stay as it is. We
    have a LOT of changes to implement and it will probably take upwards of
    a year depending on how "things" work out. (I will release more details
    when it is possible.) I'm very excited about the future and I know
    regardless of what comes I've been blessed by everyone's participation!

    A few things that I'm committed about that I think sets us apart from
    similar sites:
    1) Highly customizable journal. (even more new columns to come)
    2) Focus on the cycling discipline. I see a lot of fitness logging
    sites around, but they do not give you the focus on cycling. I plan to
    add more features to your profile that will continue to give you the
    most options related to cycling.
    3) Family-friendly forum. No swearing, flaming, etc. allowed.
    4) Various Stat comparisons. Will continue to develop this section
    which provides a lot of motivation to many. Also plan to re-vamp the
    graphing area with a much improved graphic system. I know this area
    will probably never reach the quality of a standalone graphing
    application, but I will make it as good as possible.
    5) Member feedback used when considering new features. All members are
    treated with respect and all suggestions are taken into account then
    planning updates.
    6) Club area. We're looking to improve the club area to provide more
    features and thereby encourage more use by clubs and teams.
    7) Networking of members, bike events, maps and shops. The sheer number
    of members contributing to this information makes the content on the
    site useful to many when planning their next ride or their next
    vacation. Plans to improve these areas also underway.

    Other sites may offer you some of these features, but I think
    bikejournal.com is the only one that provides all of them! This is by
    no means a complete list of what changes are being planned, but is more
    to let you know the guiding principles around which the site is built.
    I am dedicated to trying to make the site your favorite... Thanks
    everyone for your support!

    -slantz

    Bikejournal jerseys still available! submitted 2006/1/21
    Less than 30 jerseys left! Visit the store to place your order before
    they're gone. Thanks for your support!

    Men's Short Sleeve:
    Pro/race cut: 3 large, 1 XXL, 1 XXXL, Club/relaxed cut: 1 small

    Women's Short Sleeve: 5 large, 1 XL, 1 XXXL
    Women's Sleeveless: 1 small, 1 large, 2 XL

    Men's Sleeveless:
    Pro/race cut: 1 small, 1 large, 2 XL, 1 XXL, Club/relaxed cut: 1 small,
    3 XXL, 1 XXXL

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.