news item: Cohen helps disgruntled blue-staters move to Canadia

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Lucas Buck, Feb 9, 2005.

  1. JMW

    JMW Guest

    Lucas Buck <[email protected]> wrote:

    >http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/08/national/08depart.html

    "VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Feb. 4 - Christopher Key knows exactly
    what he would be giving up if he left Bellingham, Wash. "It's the sort
    of place Norman Rockwell would paint, where everyone watches out for
    everyone else and we have block parties every year,' said Mr. Key, a
    56-year-old Vietnam War veteran and former magazine editor who lists
    Francis Scott Key among his ancestors."
    --

    JMW
    http://www.rustyiron.net

  2. JMW

    JMW Guest

    Lucas Buck <[email protected]> wrote:

    >http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/08/national/08depart.html

    "VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Feb. 4 - Christopher Key knows exactly
    what he would be giving up if he left Bellingham, Wash. 'It's the sort
    of place Norman Rockwell would paint, where everyone watches out for
    everyone else and we have block parties every year,' said Mr. Key, a
    56-year-old Vietnam War veteran and former magazine editor who lists
    Francis Scott Key among his ancestors."

    Uh-huh. They mean Vietnam-vet-turned-northwest-new-age-weenie, right?

    http://blogs.salon.com/0001811/
    --

    JMW
    http://www.rustyiron.net

  3. Lee Michaels

    Lee Michaels Guest

    "JMW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Lucas Buck <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/08/national/08depart.html

    > "VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Feb. 4 - Christopher Key knows exactly
    > what he would be giving up if he left Bellingham, Wash. "It's the sort
    > of place Norman Rockwell would paint, where everyone watches out for
    > everyone else and we have block parties every year,' said Mr. Key, a
    > 56-year-old Vietnam War veteran and former magazine editor who lists
    > Francis Scott Key among his ancestors."

    Isn't Bellingham a suburb of Vanacouver BC??

    He would be just moving into a city that was a few minutes away.

    Why doesn't he move to china or indonesia or something?

    Wimp.