News servers (hence the cross post)

David Brown :O\

Guest
Has anyone else noticed that since news.cis.dfn.de moved to news.individual.net both servers no
longer get all posts? I'm actually finding both BT and NTL servers better at the moment!!!

I know that text.news.ntlworld are quite good but are there any other non ISP linked free text based
news servers around?

--
David Brown :eek:) http://kitemap.co.uk/stack

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:41:04 +0100, "David Brown :eek:\)" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Has anyone else noticed that since news.cis.dfn.de moved to news.individual.net both servers no
>longer get all posts? I'm actually finding both BT and NTL servers better at the moment!!!

news.cis.dfn.de/news.individual.net suffered a major outage last night. The reason why they're
missing posts is because they're busy catching up from their upstream providers.

There is also no difference between the two. The two names both point at the same machine (or
cluster of machines).

Give it a day and they'll be back to normal.
--
"We take these risks, not to escape from life, but to prevent life escaping from us." ***** replace
'spam' with 'ben' to reply *****

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:41:04 +0100, "David Brown :eek:\)" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Has anyone else noticed that since news.cis.dfn.de moved to news.individual.net both servers no
>longer get all posts? I'm actually finding both BT and NTL servers better at the moment!!!

NTL better? Boy, the world must be spinning upside down, I'd utterly written them off - and they are
my ISP!!! We live in faith, we live in faith.

Can't beat Gerry when it comes to engineering....or is that still true? ok, time for bed.

gb

David Brown :eek:) wrote:
> Has anyone else noticed that since news.cis.dfn.de moved to news.individual.net both servers no
> longer get all posts?

Seems to be working ok now. Try a "reset" and re-download messages.

~PB