NEWSFLASH: Jan Ullrich has been fired by his team T-Mobile !

whiteboytrash

Mar 9, 2005
NEWSFLASH: Jan Ullrich has been fired by his team T-Mobile following his recent implication in the Operacion Puerto blood doping scandal, according to german news agency SID. The German 1997 Tour winner is said to be in denial, but directeur sportif Olaf Ludwig has confirmed the news.

******** we all get the text updates on the internet there is no need to paste them in... there really is no need to post this unless you have an comment to follow

murraj2 said:
******** we all get the text updates on the internet there is no need to paste them in... there really is no need to post this unless you have an comment to follow
I'm allowed to because I deemed it newsworthy in addition I'm 2000 posts ahead of you... learn your station boy ! Now be quite because I'm watching the race live on TV.... go away now.... :p

whiteboytrash said:
I'm allowed to because I deemed it newsworthy in addition I'm 2000 posts ahead of you... learn your station boy ! Now be quite because I'm watching the race live on TV.... go away now.... :p
Now I'll conceed that you probably know more about cycling than me because I've only gotten into it in the past three years, but post count can't be used as a scale of quality. Just because[size=-1] Christi Anderson talks more than some of the guest commentators, doesn't mean that she knows what the hell she's talking about or that it's valuable.
[/size]

From Cyclingnews

T-Mobile terminates Ullrich's contract

T-Mobile Team has terminated its contract with Jan Ullrich, effective July 20, the rider announced today. The team could not be reached yet for comment or confirmation.

Ullrich's manager, Wolfgang Strohband, said, "The termination is groundless." If the discussions that are planned for the next week do not bring an agreement, he announced that Ullrich will be represented by Dr. Ulrich Theune, an attorney who said, "The termination will not hold up."

Ullrich showed himself hurt by the process. "The termination from T-Mobile is not acceptable to me. I'm very disappointed that they didn't inform me of this decision personally, but that the T-Mobile attorneys simply sent me a fax.

"They should be ashamed of themselves - after so many years of good work together and after everything I have done for the team, they just handle me like a fax number."

One of the most likeable guys in the sport -- a real person. Doper or not, this makes me sad. :(

I am not surprised in the least.I expected this I just didn't know when it would come.
I really expected it to come right after the tour.

jhuskey said:
I am not surprised in the least.I expected this I just didn't know when it would come.
I'm saddened by this, though if they have enough grounds for that I don't blame them - still, I'm sad.

murraj2 said:
Christi Anderson
[/size]

Is that how you spell her name? I've been googling for a picture of her and can't find anything.......

Tonto said:
Is that how you spell her name? I've been googling for a picture of her and can't find anything.......
from a google search I found this, so I would assume it's correct, but really don't know.
Eurosport (last updated Fri 21 Jul 2006, 05:25 BST) 7.30am Cycling: Tour de France Highlights of the 17th stage of the race, a 200.5km journey from Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne to Morzine, the last of this year's stages in the Alps. The climbers will need to make the most of this last chance to take valuable time from the sprinters, with just three stages to follow, on the relatively flat roads heading to Paris. With commentary by David Harmon and Sean Kelly, and roadside reports from Christi Anderson

murraj2 said:
from a google search I found this, so I would assume it's correct, but really don't know.
Eurosport (last updated Fri 21 Jul 2006, 05:25 BST) 7.30am Cycling: Tour de France Highlights of the 17th stage of the race, a 200.5km journey from Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne to Morzine, the last of this year's stages in the Alps. The climbers will need to make the most of this last chance to take valuable time from the sprinters, with just three stages to follow, on the relatively flat roads heading to Paris. With commentary by David Harmon and Sean Kelly, and roadside reports from Christi Anderson

Found this....good to put a face to the voice.

http://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geul.../www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=2358

jhuskey said:
I expected that as well but TM spokesman Frommert said they had to follow a timeschedule (for the German law) . He also said they wanted to make it publicly after the Tour but Jan published it on his website. Most intresting news is that they didn't sack Jan because he doped but because he is somehow involved. In the pressrelease that i received from TM is written than the reason for his resignation is that Jan (and Oscar) had promised to activly proof his innocence and that he didn't do that so they had to resign him (what they really regret... these are TM words, not mine). I phoned a few lawyers and they said it's a joke! Ullrich would win a trial with reasons like this. Anyway next week there will be a meeting of JU and TM lawyers and he probebly will get somekind of payoff. I think they will settle the whole case.

cyclingheroes said:
I expected that as well but TM spokesman Frommert said they had to follow a timeschedule (for the German law) . He also said they wanted to make it publicly after the Tour but Jan published it on his website. Most intresting news is that they didn't sack Jan because he doped but because he is somehow involved. In the pressrelease that i received from TM is written than the reason for his resignation is that Jan (and Oscar) had promised to activly proof his innocence and that he didn't do that so they had to resign him (what they really regret... these are TM words, not mine). I phoned a few lawyers and they said it's a joke! Ullrich would win a trial with reasons like this. Anyway next week there will be a meeting of JU and TM lawyers and he probebly will get somekind of payoff. I think they will settle the whole case.

Well having not scene the evidence produced by the Spanish authorities, we can't know on what basis Ullrich is being fired by Telekom.
It is sad news for a guy who was a great talent.

dexjava said:
They have however *seen* it, and it was convincing enough for his own team to fire him during the tour that he would have won. gg
No they didn't, Frommert (TM spokesman) said that on German TV today.

Question: is he sacked because he doped

Frommert: No

It was afunny interview with a very nervous Frommert who said that Ullrich and Sevilla "somehow are involved".

They sacked JU because he didn't proof his innocence, now that's gonna be fun for JU lawyers.

Anyway i think they will settle the whole matter. Next week there is ameeting with Strohband (JU manager), JU lawyers and TM (& their lawyers).

cyclingheroes said:

It was afunny interview with a very nervous Frommert who said that Ullrich and Sevilla "somehow are involved".

They sacked JU because he didn't proof his innocence, now that's gonna be fun for JU lawyers.

Anyway i think they will settle the whole matter. Next week there is ameeting with Strohband (JU manager), JU lawyers and TM (& their lawyers).
A very sad day for an amazing rider and person. So what's next for Jan Ullrich? I can't believe that I may never see him ride again.

Ullefan said:
I can't believe that I may never see him ride again.
I'm affraid you won't see him riding again....

What's strange is that i noticed that TM is handling the whole matter very unprofessional. First the strange TV interview with Frommert and than the pressrelease where the German version says that there are indications that JU and Sevilla tried to dope and than the English version which says there is clear evidence that ... etc. etc.

cyclingheroes said:

Wait... are you disagreeing with me that TM saw the evidence?

The evidence I'm talking about is that indicating Ullrich's involvement in operacion puerto. Is there some other evidence that's being discussed which I don't know about?

dexjava said:
Wait... are you disagreeing with me that TM saw the evidence?

The evidence I'm talking about is that indicating Ullrich's involvement in operacion puerto. Is there some other evidence that's being discussed which I don't know about?
evidence is not the same as indicating. There is no evidence (yet).

In an interview with faz.net Frommerst says that according TM lawyers TM had to either sack JU or let him ride again.

They decided to sack him.