Newsgroup Abuse II

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Mike, Dec 24, 2003.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Some of you seemed to be a little suspicious of the motives behind this collection of email
    addresses to be sent to a throwaway email account, so as an alternative we are offering the groups
    web page URL, where you can fill your own details in. The rule remains that only genuine ISP email
    addresses will be accepted into the group.

    This is a genuine attempt by a group of like minded people to solve a problem which is wrecking so
    many of these groups.

  2. Marc

    Marc Guest

    > This is a genuine attempt by a group of like minded people to solve a problem which is wrecking so
    > many of these groups.

    OT for this NG. Poster to be reported to ISP for abuse of NG?

  3. James

    James Guest

    "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Some of you seemed to be a little suspicious of the motives behind this collection of email
    > addresses to be sent to a throwaway email account, so as an alternative we are offering the groups
    > web page URL,

    great, I would hate to send my address to a freebie email address but yahoo mail groups are safe as
    houses. I hear you have to be vetted by the CIA before you are allowed to set one of them up

    best wishes james