Newsgroup propagation not working?



hippy

New Member
Sep 5, 2003
1,806
0
0
43
It seems that messages to say, aus.bicycle, are not making it to the newsgroup. They are just local to cyclingforums..

Are you still working on this?

ciao
hippy
 

steve

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2001
5,275
392
83
hippy said:
It seems that messages to say, aus.bicycle, are not making it to the newsgroup. They are just local to cyclingforums..

Are you still working on this?

ciao
hippy
Yeah mate, having some login problems, sometimes it logs in OK other times it doesnt. Its caused by a storage issue at the providers end, they've said it'll be fixed by the end of this week which should be tomorrow...I hope.

I've locked them for now until its fixed.

regards,
 

steve

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2001
5,275
392
83
Just to add to the above post:

July 11th, 2004
10:12 PM

During the last week we have reached the throughput limitations of our backend storage. As a result we have had many RAID controller lockups and resulting loss of some data that will cause body retrieve issues with certain articles.

and

July 10th, 2004
09:52 PM

We are currently having an issue with one of our Storage Tanks. This may cause slow downloads, failure to connect errors, timeouts, 400 too many connections, and connections refused. We are working to have it resolved ASAP. We will try to keep you updated.

 

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
0
0
steve said:
Just to add to the above post:

[/b]

Ah, that explains while CF version of aus.bicycle is as dead as a dodo.
I'll wait, I refuse to use a news reader. Gave up in 1996. :D
 

steve

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2001
5,275
392
83
cfsmtb said:
Ah, that explains while CF version of aus.bicycle is as dead as a dodo.
I'll wait, I refuse to use a news reader. Gave up in 1996. :D
Yep sorry about that :( I locked it so people didn't post thinking it'd get propagated. Its a coincidence that they started to have problems the same time we upgraded!

regards,
 

steve

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2001
5,275
392
83
hippy said:
It seems that messages to say, aus.bicycle, are not making it to the newsgroup. They are just local to cyclingforums..

Are you still working on this?

ciao
hippy
Hi hippy and cfsmtb

I've fixed this group now, i'll sort the others out later today.

cheers
 

steve

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2001
5,275
392
83
Some things that have been improved since the last version are:
  • Posts are now visible here within about 5 minutes of them being made
  • Threaded viewing is possible within the forum
  • Attachments posted to the forum are sent as a link
  • quick reply box now works without breaking the threading of messages
  • Long url's are auto converted to a tiny url using http://tinyurl.com
Any comments or suggestions post them here!

cheers
 

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
0
0
steve said:
Some things that have been improved since the last version are:
  • Posts are now visible here within about 5 minutes of them being made
  • Threaded viewing is possible within the forum
  • Attachments posted to the forum are sent as a link
  • quick reply box now works without breaking the threading of messages
Any comments or suggestions post them here!

cheers


Brill!

re; attachments,
- does this include images,
- and will they be stripped off the message before being propagated out to aus.bicycle land?

Don't want to upset the news reader grouches, do we? :p
 

steve

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2001
5,275
392
83
cfsmtb said:
Brill!

re; attachments,
- does this include images,
- and will they be stripped off the message before being propagated out to aus.bicycle land?

Don't want to upset the news reader grouches, do we? :p
The image isn't sent, just a link to it. Someone posted one this morning in the Hybrid recommendations thread, if you want to login to your ISP's news server or goto google groups and have a look.

It comes through looking like this:

Code:
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
|Filename: 04SirrusSportDisc_d.jpg 
|Download: [url="http://www.cyclingforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1712"][u][color=#0000ff]http://www.cyclingforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1712[/color][/u][/url]
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+

Most people wont use it though.

cheers
 

steve

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2001
5,275
392
83
cfsmtb said:
excellent. ;) maybe use will pick up with familiarly?

good work steve. :)
What display mode do you generally use? I figured threaded/hybrid would be used by people that like these groups. The post caching on threaded mode makes it nice and quick to go from post to post within a thread, its quicker than a news reader for me :cool:

cheers