Next stop a wicker basket......send help.

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by TooSore, Aug 31, 2003.

1. TooSore

TooSore New Member

So then,

I've started to commute to work on my road bike. Carrying my change of clothes etc on my back is a pain (literally) in the arse so am considering panniers...

Now here is the thing

The bike has no lugs to take a rear rack.

Have seen a funky trek seat post attaching carrier that would hang the pannier off - however without the uprights from the wheel hub to stop it swinging the panniers will sway around - foul the back wheel and I will visit Mr Tarmac at home.

So any ideas?

Tags:

2. Geonz

Geonz New Member

What do you have against wicker baskets ?

I have a purple container top of my rack, rathher than things that hang down,that holds things and stuff. I think it would work iwth the rack you're talking about. I am, however, often wrinkled. I don't like to go anywhere if I can't be wrinkled.

My commuting bike does inspire people to start humming the background music to the Wizard of Oz, but I can do an awfully good cackle of "I'll get you, my little pretty...."

3. jtfleming

jtfleming New Member

I wanted that rack for my touring bike, but it didn't fit my seatpost, or I would have gotten it. On the right size seatpost, it locks in nicely. On my rack, I have a waterproof Arpenaz bag that really hold alot of stuff, but not sure if it would be suitable for work clothing. It unzips to make it taller.

Heck, throw a milk crate on the back, put some old beer cans in it, and maybe you have a new line of work!

4. TooSore

TooSore New Member

I have too much trouble with pesky flying monkeys anyway before I start attracting additional avine siminan attention. Getting the cleats into the bottom of my ruby shimanos was a real effort.

I'll soldier on the yellow brick cycle path (must get suspension, must get suspension, )

Thanks