Nexus Inter 4

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Bob Flemming, May 31, 2003.

  1. Bob Flemming

    Bob Flemming Guest

    Sorting through this weeks acquistions from the auction I have a Nexus Inter 4' hub, <complete with
    the shifter I guess>, that is of no practical use to me, but might be to somebody else. Normally,
    I'd just dump it <and may have to....have no room to store excess things>, but it has a substantial
    feel to it!!.. if it's of use to anybody then let me know here:

    [email protected]

    I'm based near Watford area.

    cheers bob

    Tags:

  2. Tim Dunne

    Tim Dunne Guest

    "Bob Flemming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Sorting through this weeks acquistions from the auction I have a Nexus Inter 4' hub, <complete
    > with the shifter I guess>, that is of no practical use to me, but might be to somebody else.
    > Normally, I'd just dump it <and may have to....have no room to store excess things>, but it has a
    > substantial feel to it!!.. if it's of use to anybody then let me know here:

    Is that the one with the spline on the opposite side for a roller brake? If so I'd be interested...

    Tim

    --
    Sent from Birmingham, UK... Check out www.nervouscyclist.org 'When you're under the USA, someone
    rings a bell and it's all over'

  3. Bob Flemming

    Bob Flemming Guest

    On Sat, 31 May 2003 15:33:29 GMT, "Tim Dunne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Bob Flemming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >> Sorting through this weeks acquistions from the auction I have a Nexus Inter 4' hub, <complete
    >> with the shifter I guess>, that is of no practical use to me, but might be to somebody else.
    >> Normally, I'd just dump it <and may have to....have no room to store excess things>, but it has a
    >> substantial feel to it!!.. if it's of use to anybody then let me know here:
    >
    >Is that the one with the spline on the opposite side for a roller brake? If so I'd be interested...

    err.....<what's he talking about?......going to look>

    ....I think possibly yes, to be honest, I'm not sure what you mean, but I am looking at a kind of
    spline on the opposite side to the drive cog, that doesn't appear to be doing much!

    Sorry no digital camera..

    Can you direct me to any web pictures?

    bob

    >Tim

  4. Bob Flemming

    Bob Flemming Guest

    I don't think Dave is a student.

    Gadget

  5. Tim Dunne

    Tim Dunne Guest

    "Bob Flemming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > http://www.sjscycles.com/store/6819shimano.jpg
    >
    > blimey, it retails a 70 notes...I must be barmy :)

    I think that's a hub for an electric bike, actually - it seems very large compared to mine. The
    spline is for the inter-m roller brake, it silts on the axle and locates on to it.

    Thanks, but I think I'll pass on that one...

    Cheers for you effort.

    Tim

    --
    Sent from Birmingham, UK... Check out www.nervouscyclist.org 'When you're under the USA, someone
    rings a bell and it's all over'
    - David Bowie, 'Day In, Day Out'. My 'reply to' address is valid, mail to the posting
    address is dumped

  6. Bob Flemming

    Bob Flemming Guest

    On Sat, 31 May 2003 17:33:42 GMT, "Tim Dunne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Bob Flemming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >
    >> http://www.sjscycles.com/store/6819shimano.jpg
    >>
    >> blimey, it retails a 70 notes...I must be barmy :)
    >
    >I think that's a hub for an electric bike, actually - it seems very large compared to mine.

    oh right.....might be this one then: http://www.sjscycles.com/store/68204speedshimanonexussmall.gif

    But more specifically, it's marked with a product code of SG4R-31.

    That should clear things up....<eventually:->

    bob

    >The spline is for the inter-m roller brake, it silts on the axle and locates on to it.
    >
    >Thanks, but I think I'll pass on that one...
    >
    >Cheers for you effort.
    >
    >Tim

  7. Bob Flemming

    Bob Flemming Guest

    On Sat, 31 May 2003 18:55:44 +0100, Bob Flemming <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sat, 31 May 2003 17:33:42 GMT, "Tim Dunne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>"Bob Flemming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >>> http://www.sjscycles.com/store/6819shimano.jpg
    >>>
    >>> blimey, it retails a 70 notes...I must be barmy :)
    >>
    >>I think that's a hub for an electric bike, actually - it seems very large compared to mine.
    >
    >oh right.....might be this one then: http://www.sjscycles.com/store/68204speedshimanonexussmall.gif

    <sigh> or even this: http://www.sjscycles.com/store/68204speedshimanonexus.jpg

    must be the weather....not complaining mind!!

    bob

    >But more specifically, it's marked with a product code of SG4R-31.
    >
    >That should clear things up....<eventually:->
    >
    >bob
    >
    >>The spline is for the inter-m roller brake, it silts on the axle and locates on to it.
    >>
    >>Thanks, but I think I'll pass on that one...
    >>
    >>Cheers for you effort.
    >>
    >>Tim

  8. Jim Price

    Jim Price Guest

    Tim Dunne wrote:
    > I think that's a hub for an electric bike, actually - it seems very large compared to mine. The
    > spline is for the inter-m roller brake, it silts on the axle and locates on to it.
    >
    > Thanks, but I think I'll pass on that one...

    Now I'm interested, as I've been looking for a way to get some gears onto a singlespeed bike I've
    been playing around with. Are you still interested in giving it away?

    Jim Price