General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Niacinamide-Possible homocysteine problem

Started by Gene Haywood · · Last activity · 5 posts · 588 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
4 November 2003
Last activity
5 November 2003
Original author
Gene Haywood
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
588
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I know a person who has been taking large doses(3000 mg daily) of niacinamide for some time and
    whose homocysteine levels have risen sharply (from 11 to 26). I've seen references to niacinamide
    "absorbing" methyl groups. High homocysteine levels are usually associated with insufficient
    methylation. Anybody have any information on this?

  2. [email hidden] (Gene Haywood) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I know a person who has been taking large doses(3000 mg daily) of niacinamide for some time and
    whose homocysteine levels have risen sharply (from 11 to 26). I've seen references to niacinamide
    "absorbing" methyl groups. High homocysteine levels are usually associated with insufficient
    methylation. Anybody have any information on this?

    Note that this is niacinamide(AKA nicotinamide) as opposed to niacin. Niacin is known to raise
    homocysteine levels but niacinamide is supposed to generally behave differently from niacin. Any
    ideas on this?

  3. [email hidden] (Gene Haywood) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (Gene Haywood) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I know a person who has been taking large doses(3000 mg daily) of niacinamide for some time and
    whose homocysteine levels have risen sharply (from 11 to 26). I've seen references to
    niacinamide "absorbing" methyl groups. High homocysteine levels are usually associated with
    insufficient methylation. Anybody have any information on this?

    Note that this is niacinamide(AKA nicotinamide) as opposed to niacin. Niacin is known to raise
    homocysteine levels but niacinamide is supposed to generally behave differently from niacin. Any
    ideas on this?

    SAM-e is known for raising methylation. Costco sells NatureMade brand SAM-e for a good price and its
    SAM-e is made from the most reputable raw material. If I remember correctly, the best way to take it
    is on empty stomach with plenty of water. You should search for more about info about it including
    how much to take(if available?).

    galya

  4. [email hidden] (galya) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (Gene Haywood) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (Gene Haywood) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I know a person who has been taking large doses(3000 mg daily) of niacinamide for some time
    and whose homocysteine levels have risen sharply (from 11 to 26). I've seen references to
    niacinamide "absorbing" methyl groups. High homocysteine levels are usually associated with
    insufficient methylation. Anybody have any information on this?

    Note that this is niacinamide(AKA nicotinamide) as opposed to niacin. Niacin is known to raise
    homocysteine levels but niacinamide is supposed to generally behave differently from niacin. Any
    ideas on this?

    SAM-e is known for raising methylation. Costco sells NatureMade brand SAM-e for a good price and
    its SAM-e is made from the most reputable raw material. If I remember correctly, the best way to
    take it is on empty stomach with plenty of water. You should search for more about info about it
    including how much to take(if available?).

    galya

    Thanks,but what I'm really trying to find out is if the high niacinamide consumption is causing the
    high homocysteine levels or if I should look for another cause. This way I know whether to recommend
    the discontinuance of the niacinamide or not.

  5. Gene Haywood said:

    I know a person who has been taking large doses(3000 mg daily) of niacinamide for some time and
    whose homocysteine levels have risen sharply (from 11 to 26). I've seen references to niacinamide
    "absorbing" methyl groups. High homocysteine levels are usually associated with insufficient
    methylation. Anybody have any information on this?


    Homocystein is a amino acids and it is in the meantime an own riscfactor for arteriosklerose an
    there following ills. Vitamin B 6, B12 und B10 (Folsäure) and oxygen have an postiive effekt against
    a high homocysteine level.Vitamin C protect arterios Is the homocysteinl evel under 10 it is less
    risk to get arteriosclerosis, heart- and brainapoplexie.
    --
    Vitamin b complex with vitamin c and oxygen you find on this website:
    140119.activizeplus.com140119.activizeplus.com Sabine

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.