Niagara River Trail

Bentbiker

Guest
I'm thinking of doing this trail this summer, is anyone familar with how much is paved and rideable
on a bent? any suggestions as to where to stay and or camp? I camped at Glen Falls at niagara falls
before, pretty nice, here's a link on the trail: http://www.regional.niagara.on.ca/wcpt/index.htm

The Niagara River Trail is beautiful. It's one of our all time favorite tours. The trail is paved
and recumbent friendly. In the city of Niagara, it's necessary to ride the road for a mile or so
north of the Falls as the trail there is a narrow sidewalk. This is no problem. The tourist buses
give you lots of room while the tourists on board waste a lot of film on a few recumbents.

We usually stay in a hotel near the trail in Niagara and ride to Lake Erie and back one day, Lake
Ontario the next. The third day we usually ride the Welland Canal trail.

One note: When you go down the escarpment, it's probably best to ride the road. You'll be going far
too fast for the trail. The trail does make for an easy climb up though.

BTW I've heard that the recumbent club in Buffalo has a spring ride on the Niagara River trail
around Memorial Day but we've never hooked up with them.

bentbiker <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm thinking of doing this trail this summer, is anyone familar with how much is paved and
> rideable on a bent? any suggestions as to where to stay and or camp? I camped at Glen Falls at
> niagara falls before, pretty nice, here's a link on the trail:
> http://www.regional.niagara.on.ca/wcpt/index.htm

If it's the trail I think you're thinking of, there's a neat video tape of a 'bent tour done by a
pair of couples from Ohio. It was advertised in the ERRC magazine a couple issues ago. Email me
privately and I'll send you the email address of the gent who did the video.

Jeff

Dennis Oswald wrote: [...]
> BTW I've heard that the recumbent club in Buffalo has a spring ride on the Niagara River trail
> around Memorial Day but we've never hooked up with them.
[...]

Here is their web site, nothing up yet:

http://www.bluemoon.net/~padelbra/the_recumbenteers.htm

HPVSO http://www.hpv.on.ca/index.htm usually gets together with them for a ride along the river. But
again, nothing is scheduled yet. In this part of the country, it is hard to believe we will ever
have nice weather again, and the way the lakes are icing up this year, maybe we never will.

John Riley Toronto