Nice Bike

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Tbf, Feb 23, 2003.

  1. Tbf

    Tbf Guest

    Tags:

  2. TBF wrote:
    > I know it's probably too pretty for most of you guys, but it's worth a view!

    Pretty but I find the trend of car manufacturters having bikes made in their names distastefull, who
    cares if the bike is named Ferrari, Porsche or Audi their whole point is trying prey on the image of
    our wonderfull clean and enviromentaly friendly sport and it sucks.

    Next we shall see a Shell or Exxon mountainbike:-(

    But I guess demographics tells the marketing boys that mountainbikers either have money to spend on
    cars or that the image of mountainbikers is so cool that it's a great thing to be associated with.

    Regards

    Bruno

  3. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

  4. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    And a cool 10 grand later.

    Fire up MTB 03

  5. Westie

    Westie Guest

    > TBF wrote:
    > > I know it's probably too pretty for most of you guys, but it's worth a
    view!

    > Pretty but I find the trend of car manufacturters having bikes made in their names distastefull,
    > who cares if the bike is named Ferrari, Porsche or Audi their whole point is trying prey on the
    > image of our wonderfull clean and enviromentaly friendly sport and it sucks.
    >
    > Next we shall see a Shell or Exxon mountainbike:-(
    >
    > But I guess demographics tells the marketing boys that mountainbikers either have money to
    > spend on cars or that the image of mountainbikers is so cool that it's a great thing to be
    > associated with.

    I guess that's what it is. I can't see how or why that they'd sell enough of these bikes to justify
    re-positioning themselves in the market as a mountain bike manufacturer otherwise.

    Then there's the whole issue of how much of their own research went into these bikes? How much had
    been spent on their own R&D work? Or did they just get an established manufacturer to make a bike
    for them and stick a Ferrarri badge on it?

    Still, it's a pretty bike with a pretty pricetag. I's like to see a RR now.

    Westie

  6. roKeMS

    roKeMS New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2002
    The bike is actually a badged Colnago Hardtail. In Australia it retails for $20,000. (If you can and if you want to find one!)

    Micheal Schumacher gets arounfd on one. (Has to to give the other teams a break hehe)

  7. roKeMS wrote:
    > The bike is actually a badged Colnago Hardtail. In Australia it retails for $20,000. (If you can
    > and if you want to find one!)
    <snip> Got a lotta travel for a hardtail...

    Jon Bond