Nice Bike

TBF wrote:
> I know it's probably too pretty for most of you guys, but it's worth a view!

Pretty but I find the trend of car manufacturters having bikes made in their names distastefull, who
cares if the bike is named Ferrari, Porsche or Audi their whole point is trying prey on the image of
our wonderfull clean and enviromentaly friendly sport and it sucks.

Next we shall see a Shell or Exxon mountainbike:-(

But I guess demographics tells the marketing boys that mountainbikers either have money to spend on
cars or that the image of mountainbikers is so cool that it's a great thing to be associated with.

Regards

Bruno

> TBF wrote:
> > I know it's probably too pretty for most of you guys, but it's worth a
view!

> Pretty but I find the trend of car manufacturters having bikes made in their names distastefull,
> who cares if the bike is named Ferrari, Porsche or Audi their whole point is trying prey on the
> image of our wonderfull clean and enviromentaly friendly sport and it sucks.
>
> Next we shall see a Shell or Exxon mountainbike:-(
>
> But I guess demographics tells the marketing boys that mountainbikers either have money to
> spend on cars or that the image of mountainbikers is so cool that it's a great thing to be
> associated with.

I guess that's what it is. I can't see how or why that they'd sell enough of these bikes to justify
re-positioning themselves in the market as a mountain bike manufacturer otherwise.

Then there's the whole issue of how much of their own research went into these bikes? How much had
been spent on their own R&D work? Or did they just get an established manufacturer to make a bike
for them and stick a Ferrarri badge on it?

Still, it's a pretty bike with a pretty pricetag. I's like to see a RR now.

Westie

The bike is actually a badged Colnago Hardtail. In Australia it retails for $20,000. (If you can and if you want to find one!)

Micheal Schumacher gets arounfd on one. (Has to to give the other teams a break hehe)

roKeMS wrote:
> The bike is actually a badged Colnago Hardtail. In Australia it retails for $20,000. (If you can
> and if you want to find one!)
<snip> Got a lotta travel for a hardtail...

Jon Bond