Nice breeze ;-)

Tony Raven

Guest
Anybody in the south been out on a bike in the last hour or two. We're in a sheltered place so
heaven knows what its like in more exposed areas. Sat with candles and matches at the ready

Tony

Tony Raven wrote:
> Anybody in the south been out on a bike in the last hour or two. We're in a sheltered place so
> heaven knows what its like in more exposed areas. Sat with candles and matches at the ready

I woke up this morning and commented to my wife that it was a good day not to be riding to work.
Instead we drove to the local industrial estate. Upon entering Homebase, all the lights went out. We
wandered round, found what we wanted (with Jenny saying all the while "lights gone"), paid cash and
got a handwritten receipt. The staff did a wonderful job coping with a difficult situation.

We then sat in the car watching things blowing around for a bit. With Homebase, Wickes, B&Q and Pet
City all kicking people out at the same time (no power) it really wasn't worth trying to leave the
car park straight away.

If the weather's better tomorrow I won't be cycling, I'll be putting fence panels back up. There
were 3 down when I looked 3 hours ago, and the winds carried on getting stronger since then.

http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/

Tony Raven wrote:
> Anybody in the south been out on a bike in the last hour or two.

Read my post below about my trip to Basingstoke (Hideous). I couldn't resist it: HUGE wind behind me
all the way (I averaged 32kph over 50km!). I took the train back to avoid the headwind. Just got
back from swimming, I was flying along with the wind behind me. Getting there was a differnt story:
the wind was so strong at one point, I had no choice but to go straight on at a junction where I was
trying to turn right (I had to go back and do it again).

Simon

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 19:24:20 -0000, "Tony Raven"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Anybody in the south been out on a bike in the last hour or two.

Indeed I have, Tony.

The wind was against me on my outward journey then turned around by 180 degrees a moment before I
began to head back home.

James