Nice cyclist .. Not ...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Anonymous, Mar 5, 2004.

  1. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/9498190?source=PA

    "A cyclist was jailed for nine-and-a-half years today for first shooting and then stabbing a
    motorist he wrongly accused of cutting him up. "

    Reading further into the article it appears that the 'cyclist' was / is a psychopath, but
    nevertheless, it seems to me that it isn't only drivers who can get 'road rage' .. and over
    something so simple as a mistaken identity ..

    --
    Paul

    (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)

    Tags:

  2. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    <[email protected]>:

    >"A cyclist was jailed for nine-and-a-half years today for first shooting and then stabbing a
    >motorist he wrongly accused of cutting him up. "

    Makes a change. Normally the driver who considers the cyclist to have cut him up kills the cyclist
    using the weapon of choice for the discerning killer, and gets off scott free.

    --
    Guy
    ===

  3. Rj Webb

    Rj Webb Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/9498190?source=PA
    >
    >"A cyclist was jailed for nine-and-a-half years today for first shooting and then stabbing a
    >motorist he wrongly accused of cutting him up. "
    >
    >Reading further into the article it appears that the 'cyclist' was / is a psychopath, but
    >nevertheless, it seems to me that it isn't only drivers who can get 'road rage' .. and over
    >something so simple as a mistaken identity

    That'll learn him! If you want to hurt someone and only have a short stay with Her Majesty -
    Use A Car!

    Richard Webb

  4. Garryb59

    Garryb59 Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/9498190?source=PA
    >
    >"A cyclist was jailed for nine-and-a-half years today for first shooting and then stabbing a
    >motorist he wrongly accused of cutting him up. "
    >
    >Reading further into the article it appears that the 'cyclist' was / is a psychopath, but
    >nevertheless, it seems to me that it isn't only drivers who can get 'road rage' .. and over
    >something so simple as a mistaken identity

    The mechanics of cycling /driving are irrelevant - it's about what resides between the ears and what
    'tirggers' those reactions that is important. On second thoughts, boy, that's a big one....sadly the
    highway code don't cover it.

    Garryb

  5. garryb59 wrote:

    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/9498190?source=PA
    >>
    >>"A cyclist was jailed for nine-and-a-half years today for first shooting and then stabbing a
    >>motorist he wrongly accused of cutting him up. "
    >>
    >>Reading further into the article it appears that the 'cyclist' was / is a psychopath, but
    >>nevertheless, it seems to me that it isn't only drivers who can get 'road rage' .. and over
    >>something so simple as a mistaken identity
    >
    > The mechanics of cycling /driving are irrelevant - it's about what resides between the ears and
    > what 'tirggers' those reactions that is important. On second thoughts, boy, that's a big
    > one....sadly the highway code don't cover it.

    It often seems to me that the problem on roads is the lack of communication. It's easy to piss
    people off without realising, or without being able to explain why we're doing what we're doing (I
    would love to let you past, but that kid 3 cars in front might door me if I pulled in...).
    Everything builds up to a head until someone leans on the horn, starts a shouting match, or
    thankfully very rarely pulls a gun...

    I have no idea what the solution is - scrolling LED displays would be fun but possibly wouldn't
    improve safety. I'd like a highly directional megaphone - if such things exist.

    AC

  6. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    anonymous coward <[email protected]> wrote in news:c2bavm$9s9
    [email protected]:

    > I have no idea what the solution is - scrolling LED displays would be fun but possibly wouldn't improve safety.

    I would think they're quite likely to increase road rage incidents. THe temptation to write "Stupid ignorant bastard, learn to drive f*ckwit!" would be too much for many people :-/

    Graeme

  7. Marc

    Marc Guest