Nice cyclist .. Not ...

Anonymous

Guest
http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/9498190?source=PA

"A cyclist was jailed for nine-and-a-half years today for first shooting and then stabbing a
motorist he wrongly accused of cutting him up. "

Reading further into the article it appears that the 'cyclist' was / is a psychopath, but
nevertheless, it seems to me that it isn't only drivers who can get 'road rage' .. and over
something so simple as a mistaken identity ..

--
Paul

(8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)

<[email protected]> wrote in message
<[email protected]>:

>"A cyclist was jailed for nine-and-a-half years today for first shooting and then stabbing a
>motorist he wrongly accused of cutting him up. "

Makes a change. Normally the driver who considers the cyclist to have cut him up kills the cyclist
using the weapon of choice for the discerning killer, and gets off scott free.

--
Guy
===

>http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/9498190?source=PA
>
>"A cyclist was jailed for nine-and-a-half years today for first shooting and then stabbing a
>motorist he wrongly accused of cutting him up. "
>
>Reading further into the article it appears that the 'cyclist' was / is a psychopath, but
>nevertheless, it seems to me that it isn't only drivers who can get 'road rage' .. and over
>something so simple as a mistaken identity

That'll learn him! If you want to hurt someone and only have a short stay with Her Majesty -
Use A Car!

Richard Webb

<[email protected]> wrote:

>http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/9498190?source=PA
>
>"A cyclist was jailed for nine-and-a-half years today for first shooting and then stabbing a
>motorist he wrongly accused of cutting him up. "
>
>Reading further into the article it appears that the 'cyclist' was / is a psychopath, but
>nevertheless, it seems to me that it isn't only drivers who can get 'road rage' .. and over
>something so simple as a mistaken identity

The mechanics of cycling /driving are irrelevant - it's about what resides between the ears and what
'tirggers' those reactions that is important. On second thoughts, boy, that's a big one....sadly the
highway code don't cover it.

Garryb

garryb59 wrote:

> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/9498190?source=PA
>>
>>"A cyclist was jailed for nine-and-a-half years today for first shooting and then stabbing a
>>motorist he wrongly accused of cutting him up. "
>>
>>Reading further into the article it appears that the 'cyclist' was / is a psychopath, but
>>nevertheless, it seems to me that it isn't only drivers who can get 'road rage' .. and over
>>something so simple as a mistaken identity
>
> The mechanics of cycling /driving are irrelevant - it's about what resides between the ears and
> what 'tirggers' those reactions that is important. On second thoughts, boy, that's a big
> one....sadly the highway code don't cover it.

It often seems to me that the problem on roads is the lack of communication. It's easy to ****
people off without realising, or without being able to explain why we're doing what we're doing (I
would love to let you past, but that kid 3 cars in front might door me if I pulled in...).
Everything builds up to a head until someone leans on the horn, starts a shouting match, or
thankfully very rarely pulls a gun...

I have no idea what the solution is - scrolling LED displays would be fun but possibly wouldn't
improve safety. I'd like a highly directional megaphone - if such things exist.

AC

anonymous coward <[email protected]> wrote in news:c2bavm$9s9
[email protected]:

> I have no idea what the solution is - scrolling LED displays would be fun but possibly wouldn't improve safety.

I would think they're quite likely to increase road rage incidents. THe temptation to write "Stupid ignorant *******, learn to drive f*ckwit!" would be too much for many people :-/

Graeme