Nice day for a bike ride

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Wafflycathcsdir, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. CCBreckland, the local club had a nice event on today. A 4-up training + tea & cakes event :) The
    club are a nice bunch, so Vernon, Nathan & I have joined up. Nathan has a lot of homework this
    weekend, so it was just Vernon & I who went along today. We took our bikes & we pootled round - more
    to the point *I* pootled round & Vernon kept me company. Others pootled and yet others took it a tad
    more seriously :)

    A 13 mile circuit and it was *lovely* - almost perfect cycling weather - cold, bright, relatively
    little wind. Nice cycling apart from pr*t cager who came up behind Vernon & I on a blind bend, with
    him going way too fast & the squeal of his brakes as narrowly avoinded hitting my rear end and he
    overtook both Vernon and me on a blind bend, *with a car coming in the opposite direction* - the
    pr*t cager squealed brakes & tyres as he *just* managed to avoid hitting me, Vernon & oncoming car.
    With a bit of luck, he'll wrap himself around a tree really soon, without hurting anyone else in the
    process, but doing the human gene pool an enormous favour by removing his DNA from it.

    The cyclists doing the circuit sort of *seriously* were very encouraging, and whenever one came up
    behind fatbirdonabike, I received comments of encouragement, which was really nice :)

    Got to the end - mind you the last bit up the slope out of Hingham to Scoulton and I was doing a bit
    of "Where is that &*!"$XX village hall?" in my brain - but I have to say, I enjoyed the day. Very
    civilised, very friendly, with tea & cakes at the end! What more could fatbirdonabike want on a nice
    day to cycle!

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
    > A 13 mile circuit and it was *lovely* - almost perfect cycling weather - cold, bright, relatively
    > little wind.

    Grrrrrrrrr! Windy down here. First stretch of my afternoon spin was too easy to be true with the
    wind on my back - effortlessly zooming down the dual carriageway. Then of course I got the full
    brunt of the wind on the long slow grind home through town.

    Nice and sunny though. I'm sure I looked well cool in my green shades - along with my blue
    balaclava-as-hat and yellow jacket ;-)

    ~PB

  3. In message <[email protected]>, wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter
    <[email protected]> writes
    >The cyclists doing the circuit sort of *seriously* were very encouraging, and whenever one came up
    >behind fatbirdonabike, I received comments of encouragement, which was really nice :)

    ..giggle.

    >Got to the end - mind you the last bit up the slope out of Hingham to Scoulton and I was doing a
    >bit of "Where is that &*!"$XX village hall?" in my brain - but I have to say, I enjoyed the day.
    >Very civilised, very friendly, with tea & cakes at the end! What more could fatbirdonabike want on
    >a nice day to cycle!

    ..giggle again. I have this sort of animated gif picture in my mind, flickering between two possible
    Helens. One is, if suitably poured into clothes, bomb-shaped. She has a few humanoid features
    laminated on. On a bike, she resembles Potty Putty that's been left for a while, floorward droop,
    purple colour, and all. She probably has a brave smile and counts her blessings firmly, every night.

    The other alternative is, more or less, standard human shaped, only fitter. The sort that the
    luckier men on this group snuggle up to on a fairly regular basis, and the rest of us can only dream
    about. This second Helen compares her shape, unfavourably, to that of Lara Croft. She therefore has
    terminally low self-esteem. Hence these terribly, terribly sad, self-deprecating postings.

    For the first Helen, only philosophy can be recommended. I'm worried about the second one, which
    seems in a fair way to worrying herself into a suicidal decline. Helen, could you open
    Schrodinger's Box for us? Put a couple of pix of yourself somewhere accessible? Not, you know,
    anything exciting. I do realize that this isn't that sort of a group. For example, if you have
    thighs and a 'tache like Guy Chapman, perhaps you could do us all the favour of hiding them?
    They're horrible enough on the original owner.(1) But I wonder if the more experienced judges of
    female pulchritude around here could be assembled to reassure you that, actually, you can face your
    mirror with pride. And cycling pensioners with a certain sly wink. Lechers, every one of them. _I_
    know why they're all chasing you.

    Yours in breathless anticipation.

    --
    Richard Keatinge the Ample

    (1) Whether or not that was, in fact, Guy "Igor" Chapman

  4. Nick Kew

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys at the keyboard of
    Richard Keatinge <[email protected]> wrote:
    > In message <[email protected]>, wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter
    > <[email protected]> writes
    >>The cyclists doing the circuit sort of *seriously* were very encouraging, and whenever one came up
    >>behind fatbirdonabike, I received comments of encouragement, which was really nice :)

    We like fat birds. Especially Tux[1].

    > Yours in breathless anticipation.

    Down sir! Take a cold shower.

    [1] the penguin, of course.

    --
    Wear your paunch with pride!

  5. >Nice and sunny though. I'm sure I looked well cool in my green shades - along with my blue
    >balaclava-as-hat and yellow jacket ;-)
    >
    >~PB

    Obviously - all attire colour co-ordinated really well ;-P

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  6. >..giggle again. I have this sort of animated gif picture in my mind, flickering between two
    >possible Helens. One is, if suitably poured into clothes, bomb-shaped. She has a few humanoid
    >features laminated on. On a bike, she resembles Potty Putty that's been left for a while, floorward
    >droop, purple colour, and all.

    Ye gads! You've seen me at the end of cycling today! Where was that hidden camera! ;-)

    >She probably has a brave smile and counts her blessings firmly, every night.

    Well I do have a lot to be thankful for im my life, so yes, I tend to count my blessings - there's a
    lot worse of than me in many ways :)

    >The other alternative is, more or less, standard human shaped, only fitter. The sort that the
    >luckier men on this group snuggle up to on a fairly regular basis, and the rest of us can only
    >dream about. This second Helen compares her shape, unfavourably, to that of Lara Croft. She
    >therefore has terminally low self-esteem. Hence these terribly, terribly sad, self-deprecating
    >postings.

    Nah - I'll let you in on a secret - many of we women compare our shapes unfavourably to that of Lara
    Croft, but we don't have low self-esteem because of it :) I do, however, have absolutely no problem
    finding humour and taking the mickey out of self :)

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  7. >For the first Helen, only philosophy can be recommended. I'm worried about the second one, which
    >seems in a fair way to worrying herself into a suicidal decline. Helen, could you open
    >Schrodinger's Box for us? Put a couple of pix of yourself somewhere accessible? Not, you know,
    >anything exciting. I do realize that this isn't that sort of a group.

    B*gger ;-P And here was me thinking all these fit blokes on this NG were going to be posting jpgs of
    their muscular bulging thighs ;-)

    I actually don't have any pics of me on me bike - indeed I don't have any of me taken recently!
    Honest! Well, not unless Vernon's been taking any secretly! I never did get round to getting copies
    of the ones taken by the photographer for the Mail. I should chase that up.

    >For example, if you have thighs and a 'tache like Guy Chapman, perhaps you could do us all the
    >favour of hiding them? They're horrible enough on the original owner.(1) But I wonder if the more
    >experienced judges of female pulchritude around here could be assembled to reassure you that,
    >actually, you can face your mirror with pride. And cycling pensioners with a certain sly wink.
    >Lechers, every one of them. _I_ know why they're all chasing you.
    >
    >Yours in breathless anticipation.

    I use Immac, so I don't have a dead mouse residing below my nose :)

    Actually, I have a darned good reason why I cycle slowly and breathe heavily - it's possibly got
    something to do with the sight of Vernon's rear in Lycra - a *fine view* :) It also means I can ogle
    the finely honed, muscular rears of any other fit male who happens to cycle past me - mind you, not
    one has an a*se that matches Vernon's - but perhaps I am a tad biased in my opinion.

    Fear not, I'm not about to top myself just because I don't have the build of Lara Croft, well, apart
    from the bazoomas - mine enter a room several minutes before the rest of me ;-) I do, however, have
    a sense of humour about being more than a size 10/12.

    Cheers, helen s (fatbirdonabike and the paving slab fairy)

  8. >We like fat birds. Especially Tux[1].

    Indeed, penguins are rather cute.

    Cheers, helen s