Nice folks around here...

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by mahai, Mar 17, 2006.

  1. mahai

    mahai Guest

    Excuse me for my mistake.

    However, I don't think it warranted the reply I got.

    > "Did the marines teach you to spell stupid&ss?

    My first post in this group and I get shot down.

    Friendly bunch, aren't you!

    MaHai

    Tags:

  2. Tim Downie

    Tim Downie Guest

    mahai wrote:
    > Excuse me for my mistake.
    >
    > However, I don't think it warranted the reply I got.
    >
    > > "Did the marines teach you to spell stupid&ss?

    > My first post in this group and I get shot down.
    >
    > Friendly bunch, aren't you!

    For "bunch" read "one seriously sad troll". Nearly all the trolling
    messages on this group are from one pathetic specimen of humanity. Don't
    respond & don't bother trying to kill file him. He changes his ID several
    times a day sometimes.

    There are a some genuine posters out here but you can expect to see our
    addresses spoofed at any time. His posts are easy to spot however. If
    they're purile, crass or insulting, they're Bill's.

    Tim

  3. rick++

    rick++ Guest

    Sorry, most of the negative posts in this newsgroup are from a single
    psychopath who changes its name on a frequent basis.
    People in several newsgroups have been unsuccessfully trying to
    get it to leave for several years.
    Best action is to ignore it. It is posts are easy to distinguish.
    They are
    never worth reading or replying to.

  4. On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 23:22:01 -0000, "Tim Downie"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >mahai wrote:
    >> Excuse me for my mistake.
    >>
    >> However, I don't think it warranted the reply I got.
    >>
    >> > "Did the marines teach you to spell stupid&ss?

    >> My first post in this group and I get shot down.
    >>
    >> Friendly bunch, aren't you!

    >For "bunch" read "one seriously sad troll". Nearly all the trolling
    >messages on this group are from one pathetic specimen of humanity. Don't
    >respond & don't bother trying to kill file him. He changes his ID several
    >times a day sometimes.
    >
    >There are a some genuine posters out here but you can expect to see our
    >addresses spoofed at any time. His posts are easy to spot however. If
    >they're purile, crass or insulting, they're Bill's.
    >
    >Tim

    Hi, I'm Tim,
    Suck my asshole.

    Tim Downie

  5. On 17 Mar 2006 15:58:55 -0800, "rick++" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >They are
    >never worth reading or replying to.

    Idiot

  6. mahai

    mahai Guest

    My sincerest apologies to everyone. I should not have spouted-off at
    everyone for the rudeness of one.

    I'm sure you are all a great group and I look forward to many long
    years interacting with you.

    Thanks for your concern.

    MaHai

  7. On 17 Mar 2006 18:10:10 -0800, "mahai" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >My sincerest apologies to everyone. I should not have spouted-off at
    >everyone for the rudeness of one.

    No problem.

    >I'm sure you are all a great group and I look forward to many long
    >years interacting with you.

    Man are you ever wrong.

    >Thanks for your concern.
    >
    >MaHai

    Suck my wad.

  8. Beach Runner

    Beach Runner Guest

    mahai wrote:
    > Excuse me for my mistake.
    >
    > However, I don't think it warranted the reply I got.
    >
    > > "Did the marines teach you to spell stupid&ss?

    > My first post in this group and I get shot down.
    >
    > Friendly bunch, aren't you!
    >
    > MaHai

    Wish you the best.
    I was on the Net since 1985, and in those days the net was a great
    place. Especially Dec's easy net. Now sick morons can get on, who for
    some sick reason get their pleasure with their bizarre behavior. Their
    mother must not have loved them.

    If you look at their full header, you can see their IP address, and see
    who they are.

  9. On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 04:38:05 GMT, Beach Runner <[email protected]> wrote:

    >If you look at their full header, you can see their IP address, and see
    >who they are.

    Not with me punk.

  10. TheTBR

    TheTBR Guest

    Tim Downie wrote:
    > mahai wrote:
    > > Excuse me for my mistake.
    > >
    > > However, I don't think it warranted the reply I got.
    > >
    > > > "Did the marines teach you to spell stupid&ss?

    > > My first post in this group and I get shot down.
    > >
    > > Friendly bunch, aren't you!

    > For "bunch" read "one seriously sad troll". Nearly all the trolling
    > messages on this group are from one pathetic specimen of humanity. Don't
    > respond & don't bother trying to kill file him. He changes his ID several
    > times a day sometimes.

    Timothy, you are a lazy bum. Just because you haven't tried to filter
    him out, doesn't mean that you should impose your indolence upon
    others. There are many many ways to filter out anyone.

    With the help of a buddy, I got these:

    http://nfilter.org/faq.html
    http://www.groupsrv.com/hobby/about220403.html
    http://help.netscape.com/kb/consumer/19990722-7.html

    He uses something called "tin". This is what he would put in his filter
    to filter out this particular troll.

    msgid=*4ax.com*

    That's because if you look at the complete header, you'll see his
    Message Id: contains 4ax.com. You can do this with many other filters.
    Filter based on the Message Id, or the Path. Path contains stuff like
    hw-filter.lga.

    If you have Agent for a newsreader, you can set up such filters too.

    You just have to put in a little effort to do it instead of sitting and
    whining.

    Y'all are a bunch of lazy whiners. If an old fart like me can set up a
    simple filter, why can't you??

    TBR
    - for the people, by the people, of the people.

    > There are a some genuine posters out here but you can expect to see our
    > addresses spoofed at any time. His posts are easy to spot however. If
    > they're purile, crass or insulting, they're Bill's.
    >
    > Tim

  11. TheTBR

    TheTBR Guest

    mahai wrote:
    > Excuse me for my mistake.
    >
    > However, I don't think it warranted the reply I got.
    >
    > > "Did the marines teach you to spell stupid&ss?

    > My first post in this group and I get shot down.

    Doesn't feel good to be at the receiving end of a shooting, does it?
    A colleague in Baghdad - his friend's wife stepped out of her house
    last week for the first time after giving birth to a baby. She was shot
    down by a bunch of US Marines. Unfortunately, she didn't live to
    complain about it. She died instantly.

    > Friendly bunch, aren't you!

    Around here, we call it friendly fire.

    > MaHai

    Anyway, feel free to read up on my reply to the indolent kid - Timothy.
    About newgroups filters.

    TBR
    - for the people, of the people, by the people

  12. On 18 Mar 2006 11:08:16 -0800, "TheTBR" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Timothy, you are a lazy bum. Just because you haven't tried to filter
    >him out, doesn't mean that you should impose your indolence upon
    >others. There are many many ways to filter out anyone.
    >
    >With the help of a buddy, I got these:
    >
    >http://nfilter.org/faq.html
    >http://www.groupsrv.com/hobby/about220403.html
    >http://help.netscape.com/kb/consumer/19990722-7.html
    >
    >He uses something called "tin". This is what he would put in his filter
    >to filter out this particular troll.
    >
    >msgid=*4ax.com*
    >
    >That's because if you look at the complete header, you'll see his
    >Message Id: contains 4ax.com. You can do this with many other filters.
    >Filter based on the Message Id, or the Path. Path contains stuff like
    >hw-filter.lga.
    >
    >If you have Agent for a newsreader, you can set up such filters too.
    >
    >You just have to put in a little effort to do it instead of sitting and
    >whining.
    >
    >Y'all are a bunch of lazy whiners. If an old fart like me can set up a
    >simple filter, why can't you??
    >
    >TBR
    >- for the people, by the people, of the people.
    >

    >> There are a some genuine posters out here but you can expect to see our
    >> addresses spoofed at any time. His posts are easy to spot however. If
    >> they're purile, crass or insulting, they're Bill's.
    >>
    >> Tim

    Thanks for the tips Mac, I'll put them to good use.